Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Brendan110_0 said:
Can you get the Abu Dhabi evening news @ your local paper shop? lol Got to say, if they do eject Hughes then you may as well resign yourself to us never winning anything because we'd implode if that happened.

We'd get someone else in, and go from strength to strength.

We wouldn't be worth much as a club if we were that reliant on one person, what if he got hit by a bus tomorrow?

moomba said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Can you get the Abu Dhabi evening news @ your local paper shop? lol Got to say, if they do eject Hughes then you may as well resign yourself to us never winning anything because we'd implode if that happened.

We'd get someone else in, and go from strength to strength.

We wouldn't be worth much as a club if we were that reliant on one person, what if he got hit by a bus tomorrow?

Iv been having the same Dream for months !!!

My twopenneth for what its worth.

I would be surprised if he's sacked before the end of the season unless the wheels come off big time, but I believe internally the target position is Top 4 and possibly a Cup Win.

Whether you or I think that this is unrealistic based on our previous campaigns in the Premier League is neither here nor there. We're talking about owners here that wanted a top class golf tournament in their region, so they built a championship standard gold course in the desert. They wanted formula one so they built a spectacular racing circuit that is unbelievable. Top Six target was designed, IMO, to deflect a little attention away from the squad at the beginning of the season, since then no team has put together a consistant run of wins to move away from the pack making it all the more doable that we can finish in the top 4.

Without taking anything away from the Carling Cup run, the draw has been reasonably kind so far, if Ushited don't play anything like their 1st eleven, the expectation will be to win the Cup now.

I think that unless there is a dramatic sea change in the way the league is going if he doesn't get us top 4 and possibly the Carling Cup, he'll be out at the end of the season.

Progress is relative people, progress based on previous seasons wouldn't be hard to achieve, what the owenrs will want is real progress towards their aim of making us the biggest club in the world, and this season, whether you like it or not is turning into the golden opportunity to push on for Champs League and then realistically go for the Premiership next season. If Hughes can do it then great, if he can't he'll be gone, but as I said at the outset I dont think he'll be sacked before the end of the season unless the wheels seriously come off. The owners won;t do sentiment but they are also business men and now sacking Hughes anytime before the Cup Semi's may do more harm then good.

Rammy Blue said:
Blue Dove said:
FFS turning into ANOTHER in/out debate!
Give it a fkn rest.
Is anybody else feel like their life on here is like having your head stuck in some railings.

what the frigging hell do you expect from a thread titled "Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City"?

But why does it HAVE to mean that everyone (in or out) then goes into the realms of fantasy again.
If an article appeared in a newspaper stated that in January Hughes would be given £150 Mill to spend, therefore showing trust by our owners,
I would treat it with the same level of contempt as this one.
I also would not see the need in banging on AGAIN about my thoughts on Hughes.
In fairness, and I count myself in this, people who come on here regularly know what posters views are on Hughes.
Why do posters have to keep repeating the same views all the time?

Blue Dove said:
Rammy Blue said:
what the frigging hell do you expect from a thread titled "Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City"?

But why does it HAVE to mean that everyone (in or out) then goes into the realms of fantasy again.
If an article appeared in a newspaper stated that in January Hughes would be given £150 Mill to spend, therefore showing trust by our owners,
In fairness, and I count myself in this, people who come on here regularly know what posters views are on Hughes.

I have some sympathy with that.

I suppose that speculation is interesting to a point, but the same old arguments in the light of no new information can get a bit boring.

nickson71 said:
BluePurgatory said:
O dear! and you wonder why some fans take the piss out of us.

let them.......

If the owners "project" works out well we'll all be laughing for a lot longer
Your missing my point mate. Some city fans will believe any old shit if its printed. Some prob think the Beano or Dandy are based on true characters.

Let's say this is true, I hope that they have been in talks with the replacement for quite some time so that the potential new manager will have been watching us closely for the past few months otherwise the transfer window will no doubt be wasted.

Sounds like bollox tho

ElanJo said:
Let's say this is true, I hope that they have been in talks with the replacement for quite some time so that the potential new manager will have been watching us closely for the past few months otherwise the transfer window will no doubt be wasted.

Sounds like bollox tho

It is and will be. Only the foamers would want to believe it.

Blue Dove said:
Rammy Blue said:

I agree, Blue Dove. It's all getting past tedious now. Think we need a moratorium on 'The Manager' until ten minutes AFTER the next one is installed. Anyone not complying is banned until 'The New Manager' is in a final!

I propose a moritarium until we lose a game, or draw against another bottom half team. I would accept appeals if we are below birmingham after the weekend games. In the mean time, discussion must be limited to the discussing his actions as they happen, not his overall ability, character, his job security. Any attempt at hindsight, or referring to the events of last season, will be frowned upon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.