mark hughes out banner

r.soleofsalford said:
it was put up just above us every body was shouting to pull it down, who was the half wit responsible he should have been taken on to the pitch and shot
i dunno but IF we win uefa im sure they will be chanting his name, but in a different way than theyre doing now.

notreallyhere said:
Sorry but I've gotta laugh, how many hughes out threads have there been on here and now all of a sudden after a couple of good results everyone is mortified by a hughes out banner and everyone is his biggest fan.

MH will take us to Istanbul 'spread the word'...

football is results-oriented, is it not? his job is to get results, is it not?

when he wasn't getting results i could see replacing him. if he continues getting results i could see keeping him on. in no case do i think such banners should be flying at the stadium. ever.

stockportblue said:
i think that is the root of the hughes out brigade.Living in the past-shame that many years ago Man U fans didnt call Busby a blue bastard and hound him out before he is successful.

maybe not right to tar them all with the same brush-but it seems to be a consistent factor with the ones that i have come across.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of those that don't think Hughes is the man to take us forward, think so because of what he has done this season, not who he has played for in the past.

He will need to do a fair bit results wise in a positive sense in the remaing 12 games to get another season you would have to reckon.

So if Les wins the Uefa cup and we get 7th place we still get rid of him
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In 4 hours time we might all be wanting the banner back again ...

It was a disgrace but thats what the bloke does to you , until we get some consistent performances on the pitch there will be doubters , and I'm one of them ( unless we win today then he's the man till Wednesday )

Sack him then give the next manager 10 games, then the next 5, then eventually a new manager a game!

Seriously, I am not 100% convinced, but lets give him time and ignore these morons

OFF COURSE FANS SHOULD MAKE THEIR FEELING KNOWN. THE MAJORITY OF FANS WANT HUGHES GONE!!!!!! SO KEEP UP WITH THE BANNERS!!!WE NEED LOADS MORE

Today I am posting my reasons why I believe Manchester city should not continue with Mark Hughes as its manager.

Most of my fellow supporters on these sites take opposing views when it comes to this question. Some even revert to name-calling whilst others are dismissive of any viewpoint which doesn't support their own. We usually have floods of postings supporting one opinion or another dependent on the result of our most recent match.

I have had to suffer some of the things I have mentioned above. But one poster who shall remain nameless posed a question to me asking me to give him reasons why I believe Mark Hughes is not the best manager for our club.

Now before I start with my reasons, I will lay on the table that I have always been against the appointment of Mark Hughes and wanted Frank Rijkaard at the time of his appointment. But I was happy to be proved wrong if Mark Hughes was able to change his spots and make Manchester city into the world conquering team that we all want. Unfortunately, I have seen nothing that has changed my opinion of what our long-term future is if we remain with him.

Mark Hughes is developing a solid middle of the table team that is full of very committed and hard-working players but which is short on creativity. The existing creative players will either be changed to become much more workaholic or be replaced.

If we allow this management team to finish their work we will end up floating around the middle of the table between positions 6 and 10. We will be also-rans in most of the competition we enter, but will Never reach the pinnacle because our team will lack the sparkle ingredient that all great teams need.

The reason we won't reach the top is because our manager is unable to attract, work with or motivate high ego/ stroke talented players.

I make this observation purely out of the facts that are staring me in the face right now.
After a wonderful result at Liverpool, and remember it was only wonderful because our form this year has been dreadful.

Most of my fellow supporters posters {who are not representive of the majority of supporters}seem to be contented with the formation, personnel and work ethic of the squad that played in that game. Now don't get me wrong, I was over the moon at the result, but that is the point isn't it, all of us if we were honest, were surprised that we got that result.

Now a team like Manchester city, which believes that it will be challenging for champions league positions in the future should not be surprised at drawing at Liverpool. Do you think Everton, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Manchester United, and Arsenal would go out thinking that they would be losing to Liverpool and being surprised and happy with a draw?

Now I know it has been said that we are a project in progress, that we need time for the players to gel and that the manager needs time to impose his will and method of training and playing on the players, but this is my point. His methods and mode of play will not take us to the very top. I have no doubt that Mark Hughes will create a team who will never be threatened with relegation, that will be in the latter stages of the FA Cup and any European competition we enter.

But, and this is the part that sticks in my throat, he will never make us the best, simply because he is too conservative with his tactics and his methods are too defensive and negative.

So for me the choice is simple.

Stick with Mark Hughes and have several years of stability with our team finishing in the top half of the table, having some nice excursions in Europe and flirting with the FA Cup and Carling cup.

Or be adventurous and risky and go for the ultimate prize, always being mindful that we run the risk of falling flat on our faces.

The choice is an individual one. I know which I prefer and that is why I say we should replace the manager and his management team and his methods sooner rather than later.

I am happy to discuss this or any point with any fellow supporter who is able to discuss their point with me. But I am not interested in the slag merchants or the name callers.

On our last note let's all hope for a win today.

I only scanned your post because i have to go out now, but i disagree.

At the start of the season our team had sparkle, and shitloads of it. But we were weak, bigger stronger teams could take our sparkle and shit on it. Now Hughes is trying to build a team that can compete, win battles yes. In the premierleague you have to be able to win battles, half the teams base their tactics on kicking you and running around a lot. Once we have a team that can win these battles consistantly, not by simply becoming battlers themselves, but by having grit and class (see De Jong, Zab, Bellamy, classy players, but hard as well) then we can add extra sparkle. This gives Robinho et al the platform to create, it gives them time and space, and more importantly the ball.

People cite Barca as a team tha plays amazing football, but watch them, Henry, Eto'o, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, all amazing players, with technical brilliance, but under Guardiola, they all track back, win tackles, press the opposition, because that is what you need to do to dominate possession. It's not simply being able to pass the ball all day, you need to be able to get the ball in the first place. Chelsea under Mourinho were brilliant at it. Arsenal at their peak had Viera and Gilberto in the heart of their midfield.

Once we have the solid team, we have the money to add the extra class, to take the step up. There is one vital factor that we need to achieve this - TIME. It doesn't happen overnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.