Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Maybe.

Maybe the club put more importance in him playing last night, against a team wanting to win, in a team that needed to win, than playing in a game tonight that could give Garcia minutes, in what for the club was a meaningless game in the grand scheme of things ?

Why not give those minutes to Doyle and Palmer last night as well then?

He's playing regularly, he's played 90 minutes every week now for 5 or 6.
i mean plying in the prem and champs league......how many league games has he started this season...cant be many

Foden gives us somethign that not many of our midfielders can do (with the exception of KDB) and that is that drive forward with ball from midfield and boundless energy.....

Great result, good performance, great to top the group, but leaves a bit of a bitter taste pissing the kids about like that. Dunno if it was another weird/unnecessary sort of test Pep's conjured up but hopefully the youngsters aren't too demoralized and they stick with it instead of jumping ship like others have.

I get that we have lots of players that need minutes but would 10 or 15 minutes at the end when we're coasting in a dead rubber really have done any harm?

i mean plying in the prem and champs league......how many league games has he started this season...cant be many

Foden gives us somethign that not many of our midfielders can do (with the exception of KDB) and that is that drive forward with ball from midfield and boundless energy.....
He's been used midweek only because Southgate played him midweek, I've said this a number of times now, he shouldn't be playing every 3 or 4 days at 20.

He wasn't good tonight though, maybe he's trying too hard, maybe he he just wasn't good tonight ?

I doubt he'll play on Saturday after tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.