Martin and Mark talk Kaka {Merged}

Re: Martin and Mark talk Kaka

Mark Hughes said:
""There is this attitude — oh, what do you expect, this is City — and that is what we have to change. There has been an acceptance of a mid-table mindset and at least we have ripped that up. Why shouldn’t we aspire to something better? At the moment, we are the crisis club. But we look at what is going on elsewhere and think: when is it going to be Tottenham Hotspur’s turn? I watched that game with Burnley the other night. Cheering every f****** goal, I was.

This is why i Believe in hughes!

Re: Excellent Article with MH

He says exactly what I've been saying all along. He needs to do the football equivalent of stripping and sanding the walls, then putting the undercoat on before we can think about putting on the gloss paint.

I really don't think Mourinho could do that and Newcastle and Spurs have never really done that sort of hard work that needs to be done to build a club up. Allardyce woud have done that for Newcastle but they bottled out. That's why they will always be shit. People that say "You can't buy success" are quite right.

ive never thought much of Samuel, but like someones alluded to,a very smart piece of journalism.
every other fucker's been towing the "lets shit on the moneybags" line,tryin to out do each other.

foreverblue said:
MonsallBlue said:
Great interview. More info on the failed kaka bid too.

Bit of an eye opener

Yes especially the part when he said that he had spoken to his dad! There is something strange about this deal.

Actually our story has been consistent. We never said we didn't speak to his dad, in fact I remember Garry Cook said we had.

To tell you the truth this part has me thinking was Cook to business like?

"A lot of people at this club are new to the football business and maybe we need greater knowledge of what makes deals happen."

This is a quote from MH in the article. Although I have supported Cook this seems to question his understanding of football matters. For the first time I am thinking its quite possible Cook's lack of knowledge in football may have counted against him. Lets hope if this is so he learns quickly.

Mark hughes said:
"I want the strongest possible team, yes, but we are going to build it. That was my remit on day one and it remains. Football decisions are my decisions. And feel free to spread that around because no f***** ever believes me.’

Haha

Re: Excellent Article with MH

Tremendous work by Martin Samuel, and a very good interview by Mark Hughes. Best thing i've read for many a moon!

This is how newspapers used to be before the glory hunting southern rag journos took over!

A really good interview and one which sounded as though it came from the heart (Hughes').

The more I listen to Hughes the more confidence I have in his abilities. Yes, there has been times when i've wondered what was going on but I fully believe in him and his staff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.