Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva was the cause of one of Fulham's goals today (no slagging him though),
nah it was the 'slip' by Clichy that did it. actually I thought he was diving in to foul him, and still missed.

We dive in more than any English team I can remember watching, said so a long way back in this thread. It is all the players doing it, so I am sure it is how they are coached. Attack the ball, attack the man, foul him, whatever. it's kind of like how Barca used to defend, dunno what to call it, scramble defense or whatever. point is, we definitely aren't doing it with as much success as Puyol & Pique & co. I think it's the kind of tactic you can use when you are clearly the better team. Barca were thrice as good as other teams in their league (when they played Real they adopted a different approach). We don't have that massive superiority because of the strength of this league. And they defend by keeping the ball. We don't. And they press like stink. We don't.

At the time I thought MD had a good game but I have to admit some of the mud slung by *sigh* hansen *sigh* stuck. last week he was good but several times he was guilty of stepping back far too early and undoing the offside trap. this week it was comical diving in. He is always good on the ball and the way he positions himself when team mates have ball is top notch. but, overall, it's hard to know what to think of him.

What, motd found faults with Demichelis ?

i'm shocked.

He read the game like Bobby Moore , just not today's game, or 'the' Bobby Moore.

Honestly, Hansen could have picked out about 35 more instances of complete chaos.

Obviously, Pellegrini has put him in there as a kind of psychotic, gambiling, deep midfield player who can also defend on occasion & to be fair, some instances of his defending were great.

But please don't try to make a case for this geezer actually defending in the way it is supposed to be done, because you are just talking garbage.

He is all over the shop. Anybody who knows his arse from his elbow re defending will tell you this.

If Pellegrini wants this kind of chaotic nutcase deep mid, pass gambling, defending as part of his plan, then perhaps he will sign Luiz or similar & perhaps we will learn that defensive gambling works better for the next evolution of football than the old school sensible, reliable method. Fine, but don't pretend this guy is defending properly, as we know it, because he isn't. Anyone can see that.

Omg. Been watching Hanson on motd have we lads. Get a grip. If you can't see wat demachelis brings to the team then I pity you being sucked into the Hanson bull *hit. Terrible excuse for loyal fans

Neville Kneville said:
What, motd found faults with Demichelis ?

i'm shocked.

He read the game like Bobby Moore , just not today's game, or 'the' Bobby Moore.

Honestly, Hansen could have picked out about 35 more instances of complete chaos.

Obviously, Pellegrini has put him in there as a kind of psychotic, gambiling, deep midfield player who can also defend on occasion & to be fair, some instances of his defending were great.

But please don't try to make a case for this geezer actually defending in the way it is supposed to be done, because you are just talking garbage.

He is all over the shop. Anybody who knows his arse from his elbow re defending will tell you this.

If Pellegrini wants this kind of chaotic nutcase deep mid, pass gambling, defending as part of his plan, then perhaps he will sign Luiz or similar & perhaps we will learn that defensive gambling works better for the next evolution of football than the old school sensible, reliable method. Fine, but don't pretend this guy is defending properly, as we know it, because he isn't. Anyone can see that.

Surprised at the level of criticism, to be honest.

He's getting on a bit but is new to the the English game. His distribution can be very good but I accept he sometimes seems a little erratic.

Whilst he might have made a few mistakes, I'd ask you to name a defender/goalkeeper in our team who hasn't done the same this year. Give him till the end of the season and we will be able to judge his contribution properly.

For the record, Im happy to go with our Manager's decision and really hope he does well.

wattle said:
Omg. Been watching Hanson on motd have we lads. Get a grip. If you can't see wat demachelis brings to the team then I pity you being sucked into the Hanson bull *hit. Terrible excuse for loyal fans

Up yours smartarse. Posted hours before.

Neville Kneville said:
It wouldn't surprise me if he got about 10 mins on motd tonight, & not praising his 'reading of the game' or his passing ability. Perhaps they won't have time due to Clichy's efforts.
He is doing well at set pieces though, & when he doesn't pass to the other team, he does indeed get some forward movement going.
I love the way he read that long ball coming down on top of Yaya & intelligently charged forward & stood next to him, plus when Clichy fucked up for the first goal & he tried to catch two players who are quicker than him & had a ten yard start, rather than heading for the box & allowing Vinny to come accross & stop the move.
I'm sure this is the way to defend such situations & not at all primary school.

It is possible to watch a game of football involving City & see completely obvious faults in a player.

Just because a tv pundit agrees, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Neville Kneville said:
wattle said:

Up yours smartarse. Posted hours before.

Neville Kneville said:
It wouldn't surprise me if he got about 10 mins on motd tonight, & not praising his 'reading of the game' or his passing ability. Perhaps they won't have time due to Clichy's efforts.
He is doing well at set pieces though, & when he doesn't pass to the other team, he does indeed get some forward movement going.
I love the way he read that long ball coming down on top of Yaya & intelligently charged forward & stood next to him, plus when Clichy fucked up for the first goal & he tried to catch two players who are quicker than him & had a ten yard start, rather than heading for the box & allowing Vinny to come accross & stop the move.
I'm sure this is the way to defend such situations & not at all primary school.

It is possible to watch a game of football involving City & see completely obvious faults in a player.

Just because a tv pundit agrees, doesn't mean it's wrong.
Wow how is the wum even here still

What did I miss on MOTD? I thought he had a very good game today.
I know he ain't perfect but think he's a really good fit for our team.

Man of the Match for City in my opinion. Fantastic reading of the game, shot blocking, passing, defensive support, dominant in the air, and unmarkable in Set pieces.

He had a good game. He does dive too much into tackles too though, the Southampton game was the one I've noticed it first. Only in first half, they made a fool of him 2-3 times at least when he dived into nothing.. I wouldn't compare it with Kompany's diving, Kompany usually does it to stop counter attacks as last attempt to block a danger with opposition coming with pace to our goal. Demichelis does it often for nothing, when there is barely a danger and often gets nothing from those tackles unlike Vinnie who takes the ball in 9 of 10 of them.

He brought us completely new dimension on set pieces though, his movements there are excellent. That was always a good part of his game, can recall him scoring few headers while he was at Bayern too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.