Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor today, which was baffling as he was outstanding at St James' Park last weekend. We need to invest in a top class CB in the summer as I'm not yet convinced by Nasty.

I thought he was our weakest performer by some distance today. First half he was okay, no communication to Edin for their first goal though.

But in the second half, Christ! I said in the match thread; 'It looked like Dimichelis had subbed his shit twin on for the second half. he was bobbins. Diving in and made to look stupid a few times, was out of position a lot, gave the ball away too much and wasn't concentrating for their second goal.'

I think Nastasić is miles better than him. He had a few poor games earlier in the season but he's been back to being decent again in recent performances. I see a few good things in Dimichelis but he's very inconsistent, even within one game.

For someone of his age you would think he could read the game better but most of the time he wants to go tight everytime which means a little pass just takes him out of the game, against Barce, Arsenal and Liverpool etc could cost us goals.

jimharri said:
He was poor today, which was baffling as he was outstanding at St James' Park last weekend. We need to invest in a top class CB in the summer as I'm not yet convinced by Nasty.
He was outstanding in the second half at Newcastle but in the first half he was a main culprit for why the game ended up like it did - because from about 20-35minutes we kept giving the ball away and after we started well it lifted Newcastle and changed the game - and Dimichelis was gave it away a number of times.

Getting fed up with him diving in and missing the ball all the time. Maybe he needs to accept that slide tackles aren't his forte. I don't particularly rate Lescott that highly but I fail to see what Demichelis offers over him. Lescott is as tall and strong in the air and about as fast and doesn't go diving in leaving us open at the back.

celticfc482 said:
For someone of his age you would think he could read the game better but most of the time he wants to go tight everytime which means a little pass just takes him out of the game, against Barce, Arsenal and Liverpool etc could cost us goals.
It was his fault at Sunderland, he was all over the shop at West Brom. For every great performance (München away, Newcastle away second half) there is an awful performance. There needs to be more consistency and maturity than all the diving in and running out of the defensive line when the other three in the back four are all doing the right thing. Our 21 year old shows more consistency and maturity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.