Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
KippaxCitizen said:
Proelia said:
Nastasic is shite for awhile now , lacks pace and gives away staggering amount of frees
He was quite poor for a few games earlier in the season but since around November he's been fine when he's been fit to play. He's not as slow you think and he will make the odd mistakes and give the odd free kicks away (I do agree he does give a few too many away) as he's 21 he's learning the game and he's learning nowt on the bench watching Dimichelis unless it's what not to do.

Agree if we're talking about pace Nastasic looks rapid compared to MDM !!! Nasti just needs to play regular and feel Pellers trusts him, he looked a fine young defender last season .....

KippaxCitizen said:
Proelia said:
Nastasic is shite for awhile now , lacks pace and gives away staggering amount of frees
He was quite poor for a few games earlier in the season but since around November he's been fine when he's been fit to play. He's not as slow you think and he will make the odd mistakes and give the odd free kicks away (I do agree he does give a few too many away) as he's 21 he's learning the game and he's learning nowt on the bench watching Dimichelis unless it's what not to do.

I really feel Nastasic is making mistake after mistake. Poor positioning ,weak tackling giving away bad free kicks in silly places,very weak in the air and his passing isn't up to much either. And he isn't quick but none of them are.

I seriously think Pellers has looked very closely at him and decided MDM is the man to partner Vinnie.

Sure I've heard this week that Pellegrini has been recovering from two injuries whilst Clichy has had back and now toe injuries which have hampered him.

Regarding Demichelis, I like him a lot. A leader, and a proper footballer. Total commitment and captain material. He's maybe lacking a yard of pace.

Marvin said:
Sure I've heard this week that Pellegrini has been recovering from two injuries whilst Clichy has had back and now toe injuries which have hampered him.

Regarding Demichelis, I like him a lot. A leader, and a proper footballer. Total commitment and captain material. He's maybe lacking a yard of pace.

Get well soon Manuel....

Nelly's Left Foot said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Proelia said:

I really feel Nastasic is making mistake after mistake. Poor positioning ,weak tackling giving away bad free kicks in silly places,very weak in the air and his passing isn't up to much either. And he isn't quick but none of them are.

I seriously think Pellers has looked very closely at him and decided MDM is the man to partner Vinnie.

I think you're right in all respects.

Nastasic's mistakes were ignored last season by fans & when when flagged, people played the 'young' card to excuse it. Young yes, he can learn positioning etc, but being slow & not very good in the air is unlikely to get better with age.

Demichelis is even slower, but better in the tackle, in possession, better in the air & can read the game better. Unfortunately, the game he reads is often like a clued up 80 year old on Playstation. He knows what he's supposed to do but it's already happened by the time he does something. He is a liability.

They don't want Lescott so we need a centre half to partner Kompany. He is well below par when he plays next to either Nastasic or Demichelis too & frequently fucks up.

Hopefully we can get away with it for the season due to our fantastic attacking ability, but the defence is basically shit.

Just to provide a considered point of view he was shocking today defensively and made at least 2 majorly naive mistakes you wouldn't expect of someone with his experience. Diving in on the half way line was one, the other was letting his man go for their second goal (looked like he was stuck to the spot). He might also have been partly to blame for their first goal somewhat as well but so was Kompany for committing too early.

He has a great header I'll give him that and I admire that he goes to players to make a tackle like Vinny instead of backing off until they have room to shoot but he doesn't do it half as convincingly.

Nasty last year was brilliant and he's not really had a string of games this year besides where he did have a couple of bad games earlier in the season. If he establishes a starting spot again I think our defence would be a lot more solid.

He is far better than Lescott or Nastasic at present. and All the whailing for missing a slide tackle at the half line is just Silly. Sure he makes mistakes. B ut they are still fewer in number than Nastacic or Lescott's. And he is a sone throw better at so much more, that it is silly to cry a river over it.

daxman said:
He is far better than Lescott or Nastasic at present. and All the whailing for missing a slide tackle at the half line is just Silly. Sure he makes mistakes. B ut they are still fewer in number than Nastacic or Lescott's. And he is a sone throw better at so much more, that it is silly to cry a river over it.
If only it was just that one stupid decision of a slide tackle 5 yards inside the opposition's half whilst they're on the break leaving it 5 on 3 in their favour...

He has a tendency to step up, lunge in and over commit. Which would be acceptable if he was as athletic as Kompany but once a player goes past him he's not getting back at him.

I'll never shake the feeling that he has at least one big mistake in him each time he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.