Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent backup player for games in the cup or bottom half teams and that's about it. Will cost us goals against top teams and we will not win the league if he is going to be our starting centre half alongside Vinny. I actually think Pellegrini knows this so will be interested to see who plays against Spurs and Chelsea. Nastastic and Kompany are clearly our best 2, followed by Lescott then Demicheles.

RandomJ said:
Getting fed up with him diving in and missing the ball all the time. Maybe he needs to accept that slide tackles aren't his forte. I don't particularly rate Lescott that highly but I fail to see what Demichelis offers over him. Lescott is as tall and strong in the air and about as fast and doesn't go diving in leaving us open at the back.

Fully agree he has been poor. Thing is, Lescott stands out like a sore thumb in this team now - the only one who looks like he doesn't want the ball passing to him, who looks nervous and treats it like a hot potato when we're passing it around. Can fully see why MP might not think he is an answer for us.
So more by a process of elimination that leaves VK and MN as the two for me, but overall I think CB is, relatively, the weakest area of our squad in terms of quality if not numbers

not sure who the best partner to Vinny is, my opinion changes pretty much on a weekly basis. I don't think theres actually a lot between Nasty, Demi and Lescott right now. Obviously Nastasic is the only one who will be here long term, but think we could do with a big centre half signing next summer to freshen our options

True_Blue69 said:
Decent backup player for games in the cup or bottom half teams and that's about it. Will cost us goals against top teams and we will not win the league if he is going to be our starting centre half alongside Vinny. I actually think Pellegrini knows this so will be interested to see who plays against Spurs and Chelsea. Nastastic and Kompany are clearly our best 2, followed by Lescott then Demicheles.

If what you say is true then we won't be winning the league.If everyone is fit it would seem Demichelis is the man Pellers turns to and I don't see that changing.He trusts him

Nelly's Left Foot said:
True_Blue69 said:

If what you say is true then we won't be winning the league.If everyone is fit it would seem Demichelis is the man Pellers turns to and I don't see that changing.He trusts him
Or he's playing him to see what he's like with our team and he's not quite made his mind up yet. I'm hoping after a while he'll make his mind up that he makes far too many mistakes for this team and gets Nastasić playing regularly.

MDM was woeful today - He's decent on the ball but for a guy of his experience the number of times he dives in when he can't win the ball is staggering. Wasn't a one off today either, its a common theme with him .... Nastasic needs to get some regular games with Vinnie now to build his confidence back up, by far a better option than MDM

Nastasic is shite for awhile now , lacks pace and gives away staggering amount of frees

Proelia said:
Nastasic is shite for awhile now , lacks pace and gives away staggering amount of frees
He was quite poor for a few games earlier in the season but since around November he's been fine when he's been fit to play. He's not as slow you think and he will make the odd mistakes and give the odd free kicks away (I do agree he does give a few too many away) as he's 21 he's learning the game and he's learning nowt on the bench watching Dimichelis unless it's what not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.