Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
Bluemoon must be giving Garcia a night off. MDM turn for a shit storm

Mad innit..
Has he cost us a game?? er no
Have we lost a game hes played in? cant remember
Do the dramas need their queen?? er yes..

ta ra.

In the same mould as David Luiz. He has good ability on the ball, reads the game very well, and is a good defender. But he is not like that all the time, he is accident prone and its scary because whenever he gets the ball you don't know which side of him you're going to get. Yesterday, he was solid for 85% of the game, but he was taken out of play too easily for the first goal and lost his man for the second. He makes a lot of rash challenges up the field and gets caught out which has left us conceding goals before, and Noone almost got one from it yesterday. I really don't know what to make of him. I think he is a good defender to have in the squad as he can come in and do a job for us, but for me he wouldn't be first choice. He's a bit like Kolo Toure was when he was here, always made me nervy but then could have an absolutely solid game at the same time. His unpredictability seems to be a part of him, but it does my nerves no favours.

If we want another top experienced CB to compete on all fronts Joao Miranda gets my vote every time.

I like him, does the odd incredibly terrible thing, but his overall contribution to our play more than makes up for it.

Can't believe some idiots are slagging him for that challenge on the half way line.

He was exposed and had to come across due to Kolarov being out of position.

He was never going to keep up with him or outrun him so he had to dive in and try and win the ball or take the man. If he had stood up Noone would have knocked it past him .

He was at fault for the Campbell goal though

I am a big fan of Demichelis all round game too although he doe's worry me at times, babyrag obviously identified pretty quickly that he was a weakness and their best chance of getting something as nearly all their attacking threat was channelled through his position.He was exposed on more than one occasion to Noones runs in a far too forward position leaving big spaces behind, we're not being punished by it due to our prolific free scoring attack at the moment and the lesser clubs aren't good enough to capitalise, good sides however will hurt us unless we tighten up.

having watched him against Cardiff - simply not good enough!!

Far to slow, dives in to much and just a general liability IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.