Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Kompany and Hart were more at fault that Demi for Cardiff's goal yesterday. Yes he got beat from a neat flick but the ease at which Noone went past Vinny was poor IMO and whilst I am probably being a tad harsh on Joe, a keeper of his calibre should not be getting beat at his near post.

Churchill123 said:
having watched him against Cardiff - simply not good enough!!

Far to slow, dives in to much and just a general liability IMO

Thank fuck we didnt lose,youd be up A&E..

Simple fact that despite being pillared by some on here - we are a better team with Kompany and Demichelis as a pair. Those who blame him for the first goal yesterday are deluded - Fact - it is not good to have any centre half dragged out so wide because your fullback is caught way out of position, Fact if you want to apportion blame are you all going to criticise Vinny for being turned inside out then Joe for being beaten at his near post. Picking faults is ludicrous at a time when we are witnessing the best football many of us have ever seen. Sure he could have stopped the header for the second but come on his passing and the confidence the team has in his distribution far out weigh that. The team are obviously together, the manager is shrewd and blunting all the media jibes and finally the ownership is a blessing, a gift to us as fans if you will. Enjoy the ride as it may only last a few years.

Just watched their first goal again whilst in the gym - never noticed it at the time but Campbell neatly trips Zabba as he's running back which leaves Joe even more exposed.

samharris said:
Churchill123 said:

The first goal you can say joe and vinny at fault as well, but the second goal what the hell was the lad doing!?..

Maybe me saying he's a general liability is a tad harsh but a few moments stick out when i think the lad could have done better - sometimes feel that teams target him

Churchill123 said:
samharris said:
Churchill123 said:

The first goal you can say joe and vinny at fault as well, but the second goal what the hell was the lad doing!?..

Maybe me saying he's a general liability is a tad harsh but a few moments stick out when i think the lad could have done better - sometimes feel that teams target him

How about looking at the decent things he did, far outweigh the negatives, will make you a happier person

He did ok clearly is a much better passer of the ball than Jolean and Nastasic but to be honest i think he goes to ground to easily and seems to committ himself very quickly

BUT until we get another top centre half for me he is the best pairing with Vinny but not my much

grim up north said:
Churchill123 said:
samharris said:

How about looking at the decent things he did, far outweigh the negatives, will make you a happier person

Fair play pal - Better way of looking at it... I shouldn't be negative, were playing unreal football at the moment, and dare i mention the QUADRUPLE :)

the boss has confirmed he wants to score more goals than the opposition

eg less bothered about what happens at the back so long as we continue

to thrive, moving forward quickly & scoring more than the opposition do

nasty and joleon are less effective with forward passing of the ball to drive

the midfield foward. demichelis is the best of the three, currently available.

in addition, in terms of attacking set pieces, demichelis seems again to have

the upper hand versus the current other options in nasty and joleon. we have

seen some excellent attacking training ground set piece work by demichelis,

i dont believe demichelis is the longterm solution for the boss but, he is the

best option for him in that position over other current options but based on

the way the boss is setting up the whole team around fast decision making,

better awareness of passing options and better quality passing to drive the

team forward.

Churchill123 said:
grim up north said:
Churchill123 said:

Fair play pal - Better way of looking at it... I shouldn't be negative, were playing unreal football at the moment, and dare i mention the QUADRUPLE :)

Honestly fella,its the only way of looking at it..the only time to worry is when the bad outweigh the good,all our players will fuck up,some more than others, Demi was fantastic last week at Toonsville..he also did some positive things yesterday..

plenty of time to vent your spleen when we fook up..as will many..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.