Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
Churchill123 said:
grim up north said:
How about looking at the decent things he did, far outweigh the negatives, will make you a happier person

Fair play pal - Better way of looking at it... I shouldn't be negative, were playing unreal football at the moment, and dare i mention the QUADRUPLE :)

Honestly fella,its the only way of looking at it..the only time to worry is when the bad outweigh the good,all our players will fuck up,some more than others, Demi was fantastic last week at Toonsville..he also did some positive things yesterday..

plenty of time to vent your spleen when we fook up..as will many..

I don't want to be one of those lot that whine at any opportunity - wind the clock back 10 years and could you imagine us playing the stuff we are now! - not even mystic meg saw this coming!

city91 said:
I actually think Kompany and Hart were more at fault that Demi for Cardiff's goal yesterday. Yes he got beat from a neat flick but the ease at which Noone went past Vinny was poor IMO and whilst I am probably being a tad harsh on Joe, a keeper of his calibre should not be getting beat at his near post.

Yer right city 91. He wrapped up all three of 'em in a nice jiffybag with a red ribbon!

I don't get it. Why is Martin first choice ? I know Nastasic makes mistakes but he will only learn from the mistakes ..

Demichelis is a good 3rd or 4th choice defender.

-- Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:08 pm --

city91 said:
I actually think Kompany and Hart were more at fault that Demi for Cardiff's goal yesterday. Yes he got beat from a neat flick but the ease at which Noone went past Vinny was poor IMO and whilst I am probably being a tad harsh on Joe, a keeper of his calibre should not be getting beat at his near post.

Kompany could have stopped him. Hart should have saved that. But that doesn't mean we should overlook the fact that Demichelis was beaten too easily.

Demichelis also made a mistake that lead to the 2nd goal.

Decent defender ? Yes. Consistent ? No.

skybluepete said:
Which is simply why lescott at the moment is vinnie s best partner, because he doesn't do these things, he sits off a bit and tries to keep things simple, normally covers vinnie when he's attacking the ball trying to "nick " it so to speak.

Depends what you want from your CD. Lescott may have better destructive capability but his passing is unambitious at best. In fact I am being generous there. He slows the game down. Demi has a far greater and more constructive passing repertoire. He likes to get things moving. The stats show he is quite prolific and effective with his passing. That's why I linked to the Sky Sports analysis earlier; to demonstrate his non-defensive contribution.

I can see why Pellers likes him in a quick, high-pressing attacking team.

Other, more illustrious names were also skinned yesterday.

[quote="silvasleftleg"]I don't get it. Why is Martin first choice ? I know Nastasic makes mistakes but he will only learn from the mistakes ..

Demichelis is a good 3rd or 4th choice defender.

-- Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:08 pm --

city91 said:

Kompany could have stopped him. Hart should have saved that. But that doesn't mean we should overlook the fact that Demichelis was beaten too easily.

Demichelis also made a mistake that lead to the 2nd goal.

Decent defender ? Yes. Consistent ? No.[/quote]

He is first second choice because he plays exactly the way our manager wants to play ie trying to nick the ball in midfield and his distribution is excellent as well as his Ariel prowess

grim up north said:
He is first second choice because he plays exactly the way our manager wants to play ie trying to nick the ball in midfield and his distribution is excellent as well as his Ariel prowess
You could easily be talking about Garcia, would you be comfortable with him going back to CB?

I like him. Doesn't sit on the ball, and helps to keep the tempo high. This suits the style of play that Pellers is trying to promote. You can tell he was originally a defensive midfielder by his style of play, which is why he may leave himself a bit over-exposed on occasion.

Churchill123 said:
having watched him against Cardiff - simply not good enough!!

Far to slow, dives in to much and just a general liability IMO
He's a massive worry. Reads the game well comfortable on the ball but his legs simply have gone. He has very poor agility. He'll be eaten alive if playing v Messi.

pudge said:
grim up north said:
You could easily be talking about Garcia, would you be comfortable with him going back to CB?

Really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.