Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lescott could do his role better even if he does look like someone just kicked a stick of dynamite to him every time he gets the ball. But Nasti should be the preferred option. I know he's been hot and cold this season but he had a bad injury and Pellegrini isn't helping him by not giving him a run of games. If either Lescott or Demichelis play against Barca we are getting ripped apart end of story.

Not world class defensively but he is the best option to play with Kompany as he actually starts many of our attacks. He is very comfortable with the ball and is often one who brings it to the midfield and pick a pass that launch our attacks. Something neither Nastasic or God forbid Lescott could do.

MSP said:
Not world class defensively but he is the best option to play with Kompany as he actually starts many of our attacks. He is very comfortable with the ball and is often one who brings it to the midfield and pick a pass that launch our attacks.
Yes in games where were on the front foot for 80% of the time.

The Colonel said:
MSP said:
Not world class defensively but he is the best option to play with Kompany as he actually starts many of our attacks. He is very comfortable with the ball and is often one who brings it to the midfield and pick a pass that launch our attacks.

That's 90% of the games though :D

Thenumber1blue said:
He's quality and was an excellent signing !

Quality defenders don't run out of the back four line every 5 minutes or dive in and miss the ball leaving us open at the back. With his experience I really think he should know better but he keeps on doing it.

The Colonel said:
grim up north said:
The Colonel said:
He's a massive worry. Reads the game well comfortable on the ball but his legs simply have gone. He has very poor agility. He'll be eaten alive if playing v Messi.

As will most CB in the world

Yes but he has zero chance against him. Don't let that mask his deficiencies. But Messi is the benchmark we need to aim for as best we can with. I really can't believe the faith in him. It's easy to look comfortable against a side sitting off us. But as I have said his legs have gone. It would be cold blooded murder and would be the same against any agile forward prepared to take him on. Demichellis has a role to play with us and has done a job. I'm glad we have him but let's no kid ourselves here. I really can't understand comments like "great player"! Quite worrying really.

-- Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:11 pm --

Thenumber1blue said:
He's a good stop gap and strong defender. How can some not see his very worrying lack of mobility? He makes Lescott look like Sonic the Hedgehog.
He's that far ahead of Lescott,he'll need a high powered telescope too fuckin see him !<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:31 pm --<br /><br />
RandomJ said:
Thenumber1blue said:

Quality defenders don't run out of the back four line every 5 minutes or dive in and miss the ball leaving us open at the back. With his experience I really think he should know better but he keeps on doing it.
They do sometimes even Komps does it and got skinned embarrassingly easy for their first goal.Still one of the best in the world !

MSP said:
The Colonel said:
MSP said:

That's 90% of the games though :D
Haha true enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.