Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Churchill123 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
charliebigspuds said:
it's such a comfort to me when he plays and I know my mate Daz feels the same

That's a Bold call. Personally I think he looks like a Fairy with that ponytail......

that's a DAZling ponytail i'll have you know!

Don't think van Persi'll fancy taking him on.

Think some just don't like his hair so he is crap.

Demichelis and kompany at the back are good, both confident on the ball and set moves up.

Very classy on the ball, making space and passing. The odd lunge seems a bit out of place, but I think part of it is the company policy of early pressing and interception.

I think our play without him would suffer a lot. He is the one who moves the ball forward and convert himself into a CM and without him one of Yaya/Fernan would have to drop deeper and deeper to start the attack.
I think some are just a bit biased because we din't sign him for a big amount.

He is always getting caught flat footed which winds me the fuck up but he is a cracking header of the ball and its gets moving forward quickly so he works in the current set up but pretty much at fault for both goals on Saturday

Wasn't impressed at all with his first few games for us but recently he's looked a lot sharper for me. Intercepts lots of passes into the box, excellent in the air and seems to have figured out the offside trap. He's also the most effective with the ball out of our centre backs, think Kolarov enjoys playing with him as he gets good passes played ahead of him to run on to.

The thing I like most about him is his no BS style of clearing the ball out of danger. Think some of our other boys at the back, mainly Kolorov, and occasionally Kompany try and be too cute when it comes to getting the ball away. Demichelis just whacks the ball as hard as possible away from our goal which, although it doesn't look pretty, is bloody effective. But I still think his lack of pace, combined with his love for diving in whenever the opportunity presents itself is an issue that can leave us exposed.

Im not a fan of Demichellis but i'll try to be fair;

+ve
- When given time on the ball, he can be quite considered in his distribution
- Good reader of the game, a good footballing brain
- Decent positioning
- Strong in the air
- Quite aggressive in the challenge

-ve
- When pressured on the ball his distribution can suffer (more so than others)
- very slow
- prone to diving in
- gives away free kicks due to being out of position due to lack of pace
- quite easy to get past (with and without the ball)

Overall i thought he was poor at Newcastle. His two major mistakes made him look very novice (which he isn't) and were very naive for someone of his experience. As a squad player i think he's been ok but I don't like him starting at centre half, i think it's too easy for teams to put the ball behind him and basically take him out of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.