Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demichelis out - six weeks

Chippy_boy said:
whicko said:
Kun Aguero said:
WE MAY AS WELL HAND THE RAGS THE TITLE NOW!
Jesus wept, has anyone got a rope, we will hammer Stoke and Vinny wil be back for the Rags game, attack is the best form of defence,cheer up its neariy weekend!

Didn't we think that about Cardiff?

I am not being a drama queen, this is a set back not a calamity. But stoke away with a flaky back four is going to be tricky to say the least. I just pray to god we don't decide to play a high line again, or the long ball over the top is going to catch us out, mark my words.
We will,Pellegrini`s tactics so far have been fucking stupid ,not seen anything that impresses at all.

stan bowles said:
As soon as Nastasic got injured pre-season I posted on here we needed to sign 2 CBs to provide enough squad cover. The reply came oh no we only need to one to replace Kolo. Not when we have Kompany and Richards who are regularly injured we don't. 2 was the minimum requirement and now DiMichelis gets injured in training 3 days after joining us and clearly won't be back before Christmas. Unbelievable. Sick of us carrying sick notes throughout the squad. Where the hell is Jovetic too ?

Can he play centre half?

mammutly said:
Shouldn't be a crisis. We have Lescott, Clichy, Zaba. Nasty, Micah and Kolarov.

Got to be a quality back 4 in there somewhere.

I´d play Micah v rags if needed but for now I´d pack the coont up in cotton wool and bubble wrap and leave him in storage to ensure he makes it

Done in a training match according to Talkshite - wtf was the need to be playing full on training matches during the break?

Chippy_boy said:
stan bowles said:
As soon as Nastasic got injured pre-season I posted on here we needed to sign 2 CBs to provide enough squad cover. The reply came oh no we only need to one to replace Kolo. Not when we have Kompany and Richards who are regularly injured we don't. 2 was the minimum requirement and now DiMichelis gets injured in training 3 days after joining us and clearly won't be back before Christmas. Unbelievable. Sick of us carrying sick notes throughout the squad. Where the hell is Jovetic too ?

Can he play centre half?

Can't play anywhere at the moment. Crocked.

mike channon´s windmill said:
mammutly said:

I´d play Micah v rags if needed but for now I´d pack the coont up in cotton wool and bubble wrap and leave him in storage to ensure he makes it

Micah is quality, but he'll be rusty as fuck and even more out of position than normal. That means pulling shirts and penalties to me.

Demichelis OUT 6 weeks with ligament injury!!

Sorry if this has been posted but this is a big loss after kompany also out with injury...
thanks

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2413051/Martin-Demichelis-weeks-damaging-knee-ligaments-Manchester-City-training.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ining.html</a>

More City injury woe as new boy Demichelis out for six weeks after damaging knee ligaments in training

Manchester City's early season injury problems continued when new signing Martin Demichelis was ruled out for six weeks just four days after joining the club.

The Argentine defender, who signed from Atletico Madrid for £3.5million at the weekend, damaged knee ligaments in training although it is understood that the injury will not require surgery.

Demichelis is the third City centre-back to be injured in recent weeks. Matija Nastasic has just returned to action after damaging ankle ligaments in pre-season and captain Vincent Kompany is still out with a groin problem

stan bowles said:
Chippy_boy said:
stan bowles said:

Can he play centre half?

Can't play anywhere at the moment. Crocked.

Was on the bench last Saturday...

mike channon´s windmill said:
mammutly said:

Me too. Stoke away is no place to make a come back post injury.

We should have enough strength in the squad to adapt, but everything feels a bit flaky at the minute.

With the right game plan and attitude, the quality in our squad should be capable of denying Stoke possession and keeping the pressure off the defence. That should be possible.

I'd maybe do an arsenal stick zabba inside at right back ala sagna and put Milner in at right back. Sit Rodwell just in front. That should be good enough to be stoke if it isn't then we can forget winning much.

Shit happens,just seems we are getting more than our fair share......

However we needed a quality centre half long before kolo left,the fact we only replaced him still left us short,we are now paying the price for not doing so.
In theory we have options to cover,in practice I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.