Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well, reading the last few pages here, looks like Marti's fan club is growing. Here's to the (very) few of us who have championed his cause from some time ago. No coincidence in my book that our form has improved since this lad came in.

Ballymagash Blue said:
Well, well, well, reading the last few pages here, looks like Marti's fan club is growing. Here's to the (very) few of us who have championed his cause from some time ago. No coincidence in my book that our form has improved since this lad came in.
He's improved game on game for me. Coming from Spain, its little wonder he has had to adjust his speed of thought in the PL. CB's don't need to be olympic sprinters, they just need to read a game well, he does that, but he also gets the ball out to our key players quickly now. If those who claim he's too slow watch him more carefully, they'll see he can actually be quite quick, only bad defenders need rocket speed, because its how they get out of trouble they cause themselves by not reading the game well enough.

He's not a long term signing, but I think he'll be here for a while anyway (couple of seasons at least), a key player to have whether playing or back up, another good footballing CB, you can't have enough of them for me, he also has excellent experience to give to the likes of Nastasic.

His defending has been decent and improving.

Most importantly, he attacks set pieces brilliantly. He set up Kompany's goal today and Aguero's goal against Arsenal. Definitely our most useful player while taking set pieces. Not to forget, like Kompany, always tries to pass forward.

cleavers said:
Ballymagash Blue said:
He's improved game on game for me. Coming from Spain, its little wonder he has had to adjust his speed of thought in the PL. CB's don't need to be olympic sprinters, they just need to read a game well, he does that, but he also gets the ball out to our key players quickly now. If those who claim he's too slow watch him more carefully, they'll see he can actually be quite quick, only bad defenders need rocket speed, because its how they get out of trouble they cause themselves by not reading the game well enough.

He's not a long term signing, but I think he'll be here for a while anyway (couple of seasons at least), a key player to have whether playing or back up, another good footballing CB, you can't have enough of them for me, he also has excellent experience to give to the likes of Nastasic.

Agree 100 %, This lad is a very good reader of the game, he can stay as long as he wants for me.

He was a calming influence today. He did really well with his passes, relieved the pressure so many times. Very solid at the back. Suddenly corners that were hit too long or too short are dangerous because he reads them so well.

Have to say I'm becoming a fan of Demichelis as he seems to be improving with each game played. He and Kompany make a strong tandem in the middle. I think once Zabo is back, things will improve. Gael Clichy definitely not suited to playing on the right.

oakiecokie said:
The one thing that has impressed me,is his willingness to play a forward ball,unlike Lescott who can`t quite work out that a ball can move in another direction than fucking sidewards !!!
This x100. It's one of the main reasons we're playing at a higher tempo. He's not afraid to attempt a long attacking pass either. It comes with more risk, but the inability of Lescott to risk anything but a sideways pass frustrates the hell out of me at times.

cleavers said:
Ballymagash Blue said:

Good post that I agree with verbatim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.