Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reads the game well enough and is quite good and intelligent on the ball and he knows it. But his lack of pace and athleticism due to his age is a worry and will always pose a problem for the team on defense.

On another positive side, he seems to be an expert on how to move and attack the ball from corner kicks.

Blueband Brother said:
He reads the game well enough and is quite good and intelligent on the ball and he knows it. But his lack of pace and athleticism due to his age is a worry and will always pose a problem for the team on defense.

On another positive side, he seems to be an expert on how to move and attack the ball from corner kicks.

makes odd mistake but positives make up, great at set pieces and plays forward which speeds up play not the patient build up we had when Lescott plays, but still think lescott is decent, he would probably get more assist they way we set up at corners.

I like him, his aggression and set piece ability are particularly welcome. But I'd still rather Nastasic in the team, I think he reads the game better and can act as a sweeper really well.

He is the one who moves the ball forward from defense always. Noticed today that Kompany passed it to Demichelis who went a bit ahead and passed to someone ahead. Obvious that Pelle loves ball playing defenders and Nastasic isn't better than Demichelis, though I might start Nasty, Pelle I think will go for Demichelis over him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he got about 10 mins on motd tonight, & not praising his 'reading of the game' or his passing ability. Perhaps they won't have time due to Clichy's efforts.
He is doing well at set pieces though, & when he doesn't pass to the other team, he does indeed get some forward movement going.
I love the way he read that long ball coming down on top of Yaya & intelligently charged forward & stood next to him, plus when Clichy fucked up for the first goal & he tried to catch two players who are quicker than him & had a ten yard start, rather than heading for the box & allowing Vinny to come accross & stop the move.
I'm sure this is the way to defend such situations & not at all primary school.

I thought Clichy did ok at rb but slipped with studs and didnt have cover. Much tighter on his man than before.

Demichelis I like more and more. Defensively he is improving his anticipation and cover. What sets him apart is his distribution. Lescott is a solid defender but tends to pass to the GK rfather than distribute forward.

We are still work in progress.

If i was Lescott i'd be a little bemused to see Demichelis being picked ahead of me.

I'm not sure there's an aspect of his game that surpasses Lescott's, maybe ball at the feet but for his superior positioning, tackling, reading the game, passing, strength, link with Kompany i'd be picking Lescott every time.

Think he's had a raw deal at City for the past 18 months or so.

GStar said:
If i was Lescott i'd be a little bemused to see Demichelis being picked ahead of me.

I'm not sure there's an aspect of his game that surpasses Lescott's, maybe ball at the feet but for his superior positioning, tackling, reading the game, passing, strength, link with Kompany i'd be picking Lescott every time.

If you weren't a mod I'd have that down as a wum post, especially the underlined bit.

Rammy Blue said:
GStar said:

If you weren't a mod I'd have that down as a wum post, especially the underlined bit.

Doesn't mean they know anything about football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.