Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax777 said:
Judge Roughneck said:
Regardless of what Alan F Hansen says.. I was concerned during the Norwich game at how much MD gave the ball away under little pressure. I don't expect him to be perfect for 4 million but you give the ball away behind your midfield and they can't help you, and you're in serious danger of being punished. Although Lescott looks like he's playing in syrup and invariably passes back at least we retain possession. For me Lescott should start in front of DM.
Fantastic reasoning there! Let's judge him on making 3 terrible passes in his 2nd game back against Norrich. And then deem him inferior. But how about we examine the whole fact.

Pass Accuracy
Lescott 88.2
Demichelis: 89.5

As it turns out, even with the syrup like back passes by Lescott, and the gaffe passes by MDM in his first 2 games with us, as it turns out, MDM still keeps possession at a higher rate than Lescott. So much for the silly argument that he gives up the ball too often.

Average passes per game
MDM 56.1
Lesscott 48.6

As it turns out, MDM in spite of more forward passes, more possession play and more incisive attack staring plays, still gives up possession less than Lescott.

Oh just for good measure, outside of City's goalies (Hart and Pants) MDM is the only other player this season that is yet to be dispossessed of he ball while on it. Not only is he good going forward with the ball, he is extremely intelligent and safe with it.

As for turnovers, I.e his balls being intercepted by the opposition, only Garicia has a lower rate of turnovers
At 0.2 he passes to the opposition less often than Lescott or any of our other defenders do.

In short, statistically speaking, he dwarfs Lescott in every significant category.
Better passer, better in possession, better starting attacks, more tackles won, more interceptions made, more touches on the ball per game, better passing decisions with the ball, better pass completion rates, won more offsides per game, better at reading the game, better in the air, loses possession less, better set piece threat.

In short he is a better footballer than Lescott in Every Sense of the word. The stats are not lying. You are watching a superior footballer in MDM. And when Nasty returns, MDM will probably start in all the big games.

Oh and for good measure, he is rated as our best defender this season. This is not a fluke. He has been playing that well, while many continue to nitpick at his mistakes from 2 months ago.

Sorry, MDM starts every game if available.

Dax, that's a compelling argument you make there bud. The only thing I take issue with is that I think you may have me down as one of those fans who must have a whipping boy in the team, and that's not the case. I did say that I didn't expect the world from MDM as he is a 4 million player that changed clubs on a free not 12 months ago.
With that in mind he's holding up quite well.
Statistics paint a definitive picture on paper but I'm a bit old fashioned and tend to rely on what I see and from what I've seen I still MDM isn't the answer. However, I guarantee that I I will support him in a blue shirt but I still think Lescott is steadier alongside Kompany whilst Nastasic is out.
If I'm wrong I'll gladly hold my hands up.

I don't particularly rate the guy.

Considering he's played under Pellegrini in the past he doesn't seem to understand his defensive line at all. There must be five examples in every game he's played in where he either runs out of the defensive line on his own or sits back while the other three move forward and he either leaves a gap or plays someone onside. It's cost us goals and points this season.

He is quite weak physically and seems prone to doing something absolutely ridiculous in every game that ends up looking like he's dropped an absolute bollock.

I much prefer Nastasić, by a mile.

remember arthur mann said:
Very classy intelligent player, probably lost a little pace recently, strange how some posters prefer the old style bumping weights, City have moved on!

To be fair.. Playing in our back 4 isn't easy for anyone...there's been a few dropped bollocks this season, they've all been guilty of doing something daft.. While not perfect, I think he's done a good job since he got in the side...

So Hanson can piss off.. !!!!!!!!!

Judge Roughneck said:
Dax777 said:
Judge Roughneck said:
Regardless of what Alan F Hansen says.. I was concerned during the Norwich game at how much MD gave the ball away under little pressure. I don't expect him to be perfect for 4 million but you give the ball away behind your midfield and they can't help you, and you're in serious danger of being punished. Although Lescott looks like he's playing in syrup and invariably passes back at least we retain possession. For me Lescott should start in front of DM.
Fantastic reasoning there! Let's judge him on making 3 terrible passes in his 2nd game back against Norrich. And then deem him inferior. But how about we examine the whole fact.

Pass Accuracy
Lescott 88.2

As it turns out, even with the syrup like back passes by Lescott, and the gaffe passes by MDM in his first 2 games with us, as it turns out, MDM still keeps possession at a higher rate than Lescott. So much for the silly argument that he gives up the ball too often.

Average passes per game
MDM 56.1
Lesscott 48.6

As it turns out, MDM in spite of more forward passes, more possession play and more incisive attack staring plays, still gives up possession less than Lescott.

Oh just for good measure, outside of City's goalies (Hart and Pants) MDM is the only other player this season that is yet to be dispossessed of he ball while on it. Not only is he good going forward with the ball, he is extremely intelligent and safe with it.

As for turnovers, I.e his balls being intercepted by the opposition, only Garicia has a lower rate of turnovers
At 0.2 he passes to the opposition less often than Lescott or any of our other defenders do.

In short, statistically speaking, he dwarfs Lescott in every significant category.
Better passer, better in possession, better starting attacks, more tackles won, more interceptions made, more touches on the ball per game, better passing decisions with the ball, better pass completion rates, won more offsides per game, better at reading the game, better in the air, loses possession less, better set piece threat.

In short he is a better footballer than Lescott in Every Sense of the word. The stats are not lying. You are watching a superior footballer in MDM. And when Nasty returns, MDM will probably start in all the big games.

Oh and for good measure, he is rated as our best defender this season. This is not a fluke. He has been playing that well, while many continue to nitpick at his mistakes from 2 months ago.

Dax, that's a compelling argument you make there bud. The only thing I take issue with is that I think you may have me down as one of those fans who must have a whipping boy in the team, and that's not the case. I did say that I didn't expect the world from MDM as he is a 4 million player that changed clubs on a free not 12 months ago.
Statistics paint a definitive picture on paper but I'm a bit old fashioned and tend to rely on what I see and from what I've seen I still MDM isn't the answer. However, I guarantee that I I will support him in a blue shirt but I still think Lescott is steadier alongside Kompany whilst Nastasic is out.

It's not a compelling argument at all.

It's 'football manager' childish fantasy horseshit.

Pellegrini obviously picks him because he plays a different style, a bit like a midfielder at times, & it suits his plan, in spite of the dangerous & sometimes fucking hopeless defensive frailties.

Fine, that's his choice. But to make out he's so far been a solid defender is just complete crap.

Sky have just shown some 'highlights' of him in action at Fulham & it's bloody garbage. Missing interceptions & causing problems for his team mates over & over & over again.
Hansen said it, ex CITY goalkeeper Shay Given said it, Souness, basically any fucker who knows anything about defending at all, you won't find ONE person, not ONE, who will tell you that what he is doing is corrrect apart from some apologists amongst City fans.

Pellegrini has chosen to play a dodgy defender at centre back, for his attacking qualities, as Brazil do with Luiz. He thinks it's better for our system. That's it, plain & simple.

The rest is a load of utter bullshit.

Neville Kneville said:
Judge Roughneck said:
Dax777 said:

Pass Accuracy
Lescott 88.2

Average passes per game
MDM 56.1
Lesscott 48.6

It's not a compelling argument at all.

It's 'football manager' childish fantasy horseshit.

Pellegrini obviously picks him because he plays a different style, a bit like a midfielder at times, & it suits his plan, in spite of the dangerous & sometimes fucking hopeless defensive frailties.

Fine, that's his choice. But to make out he's so far been a solid defender is just complete crap.

Sky have just shown some 'highlights' of him in action at Fulham & it's bloody garbage. Missing interceptions & causing problems for his team mates over & over & over again.
Hansen said it, ex CITY goalkeeper Shay Given said it, Souness, basically any fucker who knows anything about defending at all, you won't find ONE person, not ONE, who will tell you that what he is doing is corrrect apart from some apologists amongst City fans.

Pellegrini has chosen to play a dodgy defender at centre back, for his attacking qualities, as Brazil do with Luiz. He thinks it's better for our system. That's it, plain & simple.

The rest is a load of utter bullshit.

Apart from when Kompany does it

cleavers said:
Mr. Aguia said:
The guy is 33 years old. Has played for big teams. How long should he be given?

But when our LB's have been poor, and both our RB's are injured we can't patiently wait around for a very experienced player to "settle in".
He settled in weeks ago if you'd watched him, playing fine for me, but I don't listen to a has been like Hansen, I judge him on watching him play.

Firstly I was responding to the argument that he should get a pass for his poor play because he needs time to settle in. Secondly I totally disagree that he has settled in. He makes 5 bad mistakes every game.

anyone who rates lescott over this guy, you're daft. would lescott ever play for bayern or malaga (before they collapsed financially), NO

on the plus side we went a whole match before picking up another fucking injury...

someone needs firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.