Mary D's

It used to be based on the rateable value of the pub. Don’t know if that’s even a thing anymore.

But I’m guessing that a big pub in a city centre will still probably be paying a lot more than a shitty back street boozer out in the sticks.
It’s still a ridiculously high price.

It’s still a ridiculously high price.
Grew up in a pub in the mid to late 90s, it was £500 ish per month, they came and checked how many seats you had and based it on that back then.
They also had people checking for dodgy subscriptions / domestic subs shown in a pub.
A mate of my dad's got fined £700 for showing his domestic sub in the pub.
It's always been extortionate, no wonder people jump ship to IPTV especially as it so easy to set up and obtain these days.

It used to be based on the rateable value of the pub. Don’t know if that’s even a thing anymore.

But I’m guessing that a big pub in a city centre will still probably be paying a lot more than a shitty back street boozer out in the sticks.
Is that any way to describe Mary D's???
It's hardly "out in the sticks"!!

Miserable buggers, I always like popping into Mary Ds for a pint and singsong pre-game. Watched the Real Mardrid game there as couldn’t get a ticket for the ground, it was absolutely bouncing, great night

It’s a hellhole plastic pint cups, shit beer, stinks & the toilets are rank. Place to be if you want a sing song though

Tend to drink around Swan St, Ancoats or Oldham St before the game then jump an uber last minute.

Afterwards walk back up to Cloudwater/Track or Diecast.

Love the Vine and City Arms but its a shambles getting to the game from that part of town.

It’s a hellhole plastic pint cups, shit beer, stinks & the toilets are rank. Place to be if you want a sing song though

Tend to drink around Swan St, Ancoats or Oldham St before the game then jump an uber last minute.

Afterwards walk back up to Cloudwater/Track or Diecast.

Love the Vine and City Arms but its a shambles getting to the game from that part of town.

If you don’t mind leaving it until last minute like me, once the crowds have died down, you can jump on a tram virtually outside the Vine/ City and be there in 15 minutes.

If you don’t mind leaving it until last minute like me, once the crowds have died down, you can jump on a tram virtually outside the Vine/ City and be there in 15 minutes.

What time would you get the Tram for say a 3pm game then? They hammered or died down by then?

We were in the before the Palace game and got an Uber about 20 to and missed 10 mins or so of the game.

They’re cracking pubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.