Will continue to wear a mask

• Yes

Votes: 217 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 109 31.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 6.6%

• Total voters
I reckon I'll keep a bottle of hand sanitiser in my pocket/bag forever but masks can get in the bin the second they're no longer a legal requirement. Personally I find them oppressive from a mental health / social standpoint and I'm not convinced at all that the home made cotton t-shirt offcut type ones we all use do fuck all whatsoever.

In answer to your last question I want to get back to the situation I have been in for almost 66 of my 67 years. Not wearing a fucking mask!
It is definitely a comfort blanket for the more anti social / anxious. Totally dehumanising things. I smiled at the check out girl in the supermarket and realised she had no idea. So took it off and smiled

A lot of people wore masks before COVID, for smog and the like so i expect to see more people keeping them on, i will not, i only wear one now to stop others anxiety, Masks effectiveness is dubious at best but gloves are 100% effective so why did the Gov advised the use of contactless payments? 2 companies followed and illegally stopped the use of coin of the realm, Nero and Burger King, so my question ( apologies for hijacking the thread) is will you eat in a facility that admits it can not pass goods over the counter hygienically.

A lot of people wore masks before COVID, for smog and the like so i expect to see more people keeping them on, i will not, i only wear one now to stop others anxiety, Masks effectiveness is dubious at best but gloves are 100% effective so why did the Gov advised the use of contactless payments? 2 companies followed and illegally stopped the use of coin of the realm, Nero and Burger King, so my question ( apologies for hijacking the thread) is will you eat in a facility that admits it can not pass goods over the counter hygienically.
Card only payment isn't illegal. Loads of businesses were doing it pre-covid. I work in town and several coffee shops/bars have been card/contactless only for a while.

I get the argument that refusing cash alienates some people at the bottom of society and for that reason I do think cash should be accepted, but personally I use Apple Pay for 99%+ of purchases. The only time I ever used to carry cash was going to the Etihad before they installed the better card machines / bothered to train the staff.

As I understand it, the evidence is that masks don't protect the wearer particularly well but they do provide a degree of protection for others from the wearer. The consequence being that either everyone does it (thus protecting each other) or it's a bit pointless. That's not strictly true, of course, as if enough people still feel it is the public-spirited thing to do then it will have some effect on stopping transmission but it does change the narrative a bit.

Card only payment isn't illegal. Loads of businesses were doing it pre-covid. I work in town and several coffee shops/bars have been card/contactless only for a while.

I get the argument that refusing cash alienates some people at the bottom of society and for that reason I do think cash should be accepted, but personally I use Apple Pay for 99%+ of purchases. The only time I ever used to carry cash was going to the Etihad before they installed the better card machines / bothered to train the staff.
There are a lot of card only places, but it is illegal to deny coin of the realm as payment

Carry on when on public transport, in crowded places or around busy traffic.

I waa wearing them for years previous when in Asia and glad it has become another optional part of our society to be an option not frowned up on as strange.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.