Will continue to wear a mask

• Yes

Votes: 217 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 109 31.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 6.6%

• Total voters
I will wear one in the supermarket and shops , drs etc , it can be a trial in the heat with these long covid lungs but i feel like i want to keep going , in the winter i hope everyone goes back to them , they will help us have a healthy winter

There are a lot of card only places, but it is illegal to deny coin of the realm as payment
Legal tender and buying something are two separate things. Legal tender is for an outstanding debt. If someone refuses to sell you something there is no debt. I have refused cash plenty of times. Its up to the seller and buyer to agree to a payment method. It doesn't even have to be money.

lots of people don't already, and the primary reason is to protect other people so. I think people are in for a shock when certain things like mask wearing are "still a thing" after July 19th.

Legal tender and buying something are two separate things. Legal tender is for an outstanding debt. If someone refuses to sell you something there is no debt. I have refused cash plenty of times. Its up to the seller and buyer to agree to a payment method. It doesn't even have to be money.
I remember listening to a thing on 5 Live about this ages ago pre covid - I think it was Martin Lewis who was on as a guest, and he said something along the lines of shops could choose to only accept Monopoly money or Pokemon cards if they so chose and it'd be perfectly legal. The "legal tender" thing is utter horse shit apart from, as you say, when it's related to a debt.

The guy above who was on about "coins of the realm" probably also believes you can get out of paying council tax and parking fines by quoting some obscure line from the Magna Carta because some nutter on YouTube said so...

In answer to your last question I want to get back to the situation I have been in for almost 66 of my 67 years. Not wearing a fucking mask!
Yeah me too, i want it to go back to how it was before, when women couldn't vote and we didn't have to get jabs so we could all get smallpox, and where we didn't have to wear seatbelts.

Jesus Grandad, if your 67, isn't it about time you grew the fuck up and accepted that things change, sometimes for worse and sometimes for better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.