Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I have listened to the news on Talkshite they reported Mendy’s arrest, his application for bail, his further charges, his release on bail, etc, I’m not interested in “banter” but the fact Greenwood is being investigated is news should be reported. Do you think any City player would be non reported in the same situation?

Mendy was charged, as such they can report that.

Greenwood is, so far, not charged. So they are being careful on what they can report as they can be in legal trouble.

People really need to give their head a wobble if they are arguing which possible rapist at certain clubs are being treated worse by the media.

I'd wager that the evidence that many of us have seen and heard ought to be more than enough to see charges brought. Sadly, in many cases of this nature it often comes down to one person's word against another and that leads to lots of people walking free or it not even getting to court. That isn't the case here - there is visual and audio evidence that signals a pattern of physical and sexual abuse. If they can prove it's his voice - and it shouldn't be too difficult to ascertain that - then it's going to be nigh on impossible for him to wriggle out of it
I’d imagine if he’s getting any sort of competent council, he’ll likely go for a plea-bargain. He’ll be guilty in the court of public opinion and is never now likely to get a fair trial.
Unless charges are dropped on some legal technicality I can only imagine his team will want him nowhere near a court room.

A guilty plea, followed by some bullshit apology and volunteering for counselling, huge fines and charity work/community service. Possibly a small stint at her Majesty’s pleasure.
I just can’t see how his legal team would want this in crown court.
So hopefully the poor girl is spared anymore trauma and he gets everything he loves taken away from him.

I’d imagine if he’s getting any sort of competent council, he’ll likely go for a plea-bargain. He’ll be guilty in the court of public opinion and is never now likely to get a fair trial.
Unless charges are dropped on some legal technicality I can only imagine his team will want him nowhere near a court room.

A guilty plea, followed by some bullshit apology and volunteering for counselling, huge fines and charity work/community service. Possibly a small stint at her Majesty’s pleasure.
I just can’t see how his legal team would want this in crown court.
So hopefully the poor girl is spared anymore trauma and he gets everything he loves taken away from him.
I don’t even know where to begin with this post, so I’ll just point out that it’s ‘counsel’ not ‘council’ which is a local authority as per the Local Government Act 1972.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.