Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to be careful with what they're accusing him of. So far, unless I've missed it, he hasn't actually been charged with any criminal offence. Discuss the case, by all means.

Give it a day or two and the PR machine will have him feeding starving kids or some other saintly pursuit.

If he has done that to her he is a **** and should be behind bars.

Possibly doing 2+2 and getting 5 but her making the recording and making sure she said I don't want to have sex with you implies something to me.
It implies 2 options
1. Attempting a set up
Or the most probable being number 2, it happened that often she started recording it for evidence as without it you have nothing. It’s impossible to set him up being that angry and demanding to have sex when she’s saying no. Everyone’s been there with the missus when they don’t want it and you might give it the old “come on” but never angry and aggressive as he is in that. The recording is 12 mins and it’s the end that she released. Would be interesting to hear the build up

This does seem like it has the potential to get quite ugly if United and England knew about this before now and the press couldn't report it.

What was done by United, by England, by Southgate or Solskjaer to make sure it stopped? What was said or done to Greenwood, what help was the girl offered?

What did journalists know? Did they report everything they could, or were they overly cautious and allowed abuse to carry on.

England and Manchester United player abuses girlfriend is a big, horrible story, England and Manchester United knew player was abusing girlfriend and did nothing to stop it until the girl finally plucked up the courage to go public is a much worse/bigger story.

There's also going to be questions about the decision to sign Ronaldo with the Kathryn Mayorga leaked admission, and things like hosting Giggs in the director's box this season while he's awaiting trial for domestic abuse.

Solskjaer was in a lot of hot water in Norway in 2020 about how he signed an accused rapist and his agent Jim Solbakken was accused of helping him leave the country before a second trial.

All these things put together... none of it is definitive, it just looks bad for United with regards to violence against women being ignored/deemed unimportant.

I want to stress i'm not getting pious here, I think our club made a lot of big, probably worse, errors with the City player who is in prison right now, but I think if this story blows up, these things are going to get pulled into it.
I'm no great fan of Southgate but it is wrong to say he didn't do anything about Greenwood.
He sent Greenwood and Foden back home when they broke the rules whilst abroad with England I believe.
Reading between the lines perhaps, but was this associated with the current revelations..?

Give it a day or two and the PR machine will have him feeding starving kids or some other saintly pursuit.

If he has done that to her he is a **** and should be behind bars.
What a fucking cretin you are. People in glass houses, ignore who he plays for. Ignore the deluded victim mentality many city fans have now and comment on the situation whilst not bringing into a local lads great commitment to stopping kids going hungry. Humanity is fucked.

the spin they can do in the media is beyond anything we can come up with ? sadly money talks and he is big bucks to united. they (united) have to whitewash it and paper over this quick. it will end up tomorrow chip paper as they say

i can bet it will be all a mistake on her part or somebody hijack her account ? it was all a toy fight and mistakes happen kids being silly ? next thing she is a liar and money grabber and faked it for money
Take your tin foil hat off. This is nothing to do with City.

I doubt you will be able to bet on it being a mistake as the bookies probably don’t run books on potential rape and battery cases.

This hasn’t happened before, so nobody knows how things will play out.

Posting that it would be 10 times worse if it were a City player just highlights your bias without reason.

not sure how much we are allowed to say about mendy,however i am saving my judgement on mendy until after the trail,after what ive seen
One thing we can say, is that Mendy's lawyers tried to get the case thrown out and he's pleading not guilty. Just because of this, we can't fully judge him yet.

That said, I'm pretty sure he's a bit grim, but that in itself doesn't mean he's guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.