Mason Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had they have been thought good enough at Chelsea we may have gone in for them but they weren’t.
Anyway in my opinion mount isn’t good enough if that ok with you

Will not prevent anxiety and histeria signing "not yet proven" talent from some fans. It will do exactly the same thing like this thread if we sign KDB and Ake directly from Chelsea back then.

Mate, I often agree with your pov on here, but on this, you might not want him at City, but seriously he’s not shit is he? He’s clearly a competent premier league footballer (and international). He’s won the Champions League (as we all know), and just looking it up now, he was Chelsea’s player of the season two years on the bounce.
If people think he’s not good enough for us, I don’t agree but fair enough, but all this posting ‘he’s shit, he’s wank’ is just laughable.

Edit - and yep, agree we need Bellingham!

I guess rather than ‘shit’, I think he’d be an underwhelming signing, especially compared to Bellingham. I’ve never really noticed him stand out or do much for Chelsea when I’ve seen them, or for England.

He doesn’t seem very influential in terms of turning a defeat into a win, or controlling a big game, which I think is the kind of player we need as too many times we seem to either ease off or fail to come back after going a goal down.

I’d like us to sign players that play like ”Fuck this I’m not bloody losing!”.

I guess rather than ‘shit’, I think he’d be an underwhelming signing, especially compared to Bellingham. I’ve never really noticed him stand out or do much for Chelsea when I’ve seen them, or for England.

He doesn’t seem very influential in terms of turning a defeat into a win, or controlling a big game, which I think is the kind of player we need as too many times we seem to either ease off or fail to come back after going a goal down.

I’d like us to sign players that play like ”Fuck this I’m not bloody losing!”.

I think he suffers from being overrated by Gareth Southgate. It's often seemed like he was undroppable, while Phil & Jack were sat on the bench. It was ridiculous. So people end up slagging him off.

But while he's not as good as Southgate thinks, he's still a good player. Played in a lot of England youth teams with Phil and I'd expect they'd have a good understanding if he did join.

You honestly think Chelsea want to keep Mount, but they can't afford him? They can't want to keep him that badly with all the money they've spunked recently.

Context please given the thread and the discussion. It's not that they don't have money it's the way they're spending it that has got them stuck.

They can't afford to pay him close to what they're paying Sterling, which is what he wants. He should be one of their higher earners given his importance to them (player of the year 2/3 years, joined club when he was 8, English) but given all the expenses they've taken on recently and the implications for what they'd then have to pay others, they can't/won't. They haven't planned their wage structure properly and even though people like to say "of course they can afford it", they still have to comply with FFP and they're trying. They're already giving people 7+ year contracts to fiddle the numbers for FFP, it's not a bottomless pit.

He's a decent player, but let's be honest, we're looking to buy the long term replacements for De Bruyne, Mahrez and Gundogan over the next couple of years. Is he anywhere near that standard?

He's a decent player, but let's be honest, we're looking to buy the long term replacements for De Bruyne, Mahrez and Gundogan over the next couple of years. Is he anywhere near that standard?
No.

Maddison and Ward-Prowse are both better than Mount imo. However, neither are good enough to walk straight into the current City team.

Players may well improve over a season under Pep, but I really don't see why we should be paying top dollar for someone who isn't close to being the finished article.

If you can do it for 25m or less due to expiring contract it’s a yes from me (only if he’s one of 2-3 midfielders we sign). He’s a good player. Stagnated from so many managers and systems. Has a bit of a “teachers pet” about him so I think he’d absorb a lot of what Pep is instructing.

If the dates on his Wikipedia are accurate he’s been at Chelsea since he was 6 (!) so I wouldn’t be surprised if he finds resolution to stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.