Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
itisrising said:
mayo31 said:
itisrising said:
That would be stupid on Chelsea's part. There's nothing to say that Man Utd will sell Rooney to Chelsea. Had Chelsea wanted to do a swap, I'm sure it would've been done this window.

I really don't understand Mourinho's stance on this one. Mata, IMO, is alongside Hazard their best player. Why would he want to sell his best player to a rival? Man Utd are in a horrible state right now. Out of the FA Cup and CC, 7th in the Prem and there are constant rumors that 2 of their best players (RVP, Rooney) want to leave so why would Mourinho try to save them? It makes no sense at all and I'm glad for one that he didn't come here. It's almost as if Mourinho is giving the rags a helping hand!!

Utd have played Chelsea twice but have to play both us and Arsenal. Both Rooney & Mata can influence games.

They get Rooney in the summer, Utd will look like they get £40 million for the war chest. Rooney can play out the season staying fit and out of trouble for the World Cup as no stress in the top 10.

Mourinho does not want Mata simply that really.

If that is Chelsea's gameplan then I think they are taking one hell of a gamble. To sell arguably your best player for merely 2 games is ridiculous IMO. It isn't a calculated risk and football just doesn't work like that IMO. The chances that Mata would've made such an impact that it affects both us and Arsenal and leaves Chelsea top are so slim and just doesn't seem plausible. Man Utd have several glaring weaknesses and even with Mata, we are still a far superior side in terms of quality.

While Rooney to Chelsea would seem most logical, I can't help but wonder that if that were the case, why is he not joining now? Surely Rooney would boost Chelsea's chances of the title if he were actually playing for them instead of playing for Man Utd with the off-chance that he will hinder our and Arsenal's title ambitions.Why wouldn't Chelsea atleast announce that he would be joining in the summer, if it be part of the contract, to ease fans concerns? Right now it just appears as though they are selling their best player to one of their main rivals which just doesn't add up.

This man is correct. To sell someone in the hope that he will help them win the league by playing well against your rivals is a weak argument. If mourinho truly believed mata could have that effect he would still be a Chelsea player surely.

However fact of the situation in my eyes is that he doesn't rate him that highly and £37m is a lot of money for a squad player. I can't recall any player in world football going for anywhere near that amount who wasn't a first choice at their club. So why wouldn't you sell.

Chelsea have done some good business selling player who weren't playing for far more then they were bought for. Everyone wants to give Jovetic a chance but does anyone think we could make a profit on him if we did want to sell?

Chelsea have been clever imo, they're now going to hold the Rags to ransom over Rooney now Mata's all been agreed so that the Rags have to comply or embarrassingly lose face to the world if Chelsea pull out of Mata deal with them.

United's inexperienced execs are being played beautifully imo.

If he does sign it will be interesting to see how willing he is to slavishly disseminate the united propaganda/PR line, as is routine when joining that club: history, tradition, the united way, little boys, George Best, Class of '92, pisscan etc...

Mata's always struck me as an intelligent, independent-minded man. On that basis I would expect his utterances about his new club to be a little more subdued than we are accustomed to from unthinking automatons like RVP.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Chelsea have been clever imo, they're now going to hold the Rags to ransom over Rooney now Mata's all been agreed so that the Rags have to comply or embarrassingly lose face to the world if Chelsea pull out of Mata deal with them.

United's inexperienced execs are being played beautifully imo.

While Rooney would undoubtedly strengthen Chelsea and make them even more of a threat to our future title aspirations I wouldn't be able to help myself but laugh a little. Since the day Baconface retired and the other despicable runt left, their club has just been comical. It's like they're run by a bunch of amateurs.

I'd rather not see Mata join them though, I like the bloke and I've never been in the situation before of liking a player owned by them. I admire the fact that most of the worlds best players of recent years call Scholes (a local lad) the best midfielder of the last 20 years, but I can't say I like him.

I think it'd be hilarious if chelsea only let the mata to utd transfer get this far to bait in psg for 42 mil right now... honestly, i just don't understand why they'd be giving him to utd. makes no sense.

I like Mata a lot. He never attracts the tabloids and doesn't not surround himself in controversy.

If he wears that red "shirt", I don't think I will see him in the same light

gloryhunter007 said:
I think it'd be hilarious if chelsea only let the mata to utd transfer get this far to bait in psg for 42 mil right now... honestly, i just don't understand why they'd be giving him to utd. makes no sense.
The sense is that he isn't worth half of the £37m fee United will reportedly pay. My house is worth X amount. If someone stupid enough comes to me and says 'oi, you. I'll give you XXX amount for your house because i'm a daft ****', i'm going to stare at him in shock, then quickly and somewhat in an excitable panic get the contracts drawn up, then laugh my currently overweight arse all the way to the bank.

That's why is makes sense. Add to that the fact United are bobbins and one player, in the position he plays in, won't change that - makes even more sense. It's brilliant by Chelsea, especially if they reinvest their money for 2 other players. It also means that today will be a non-stop piss take out of United - again.

Pigeonho said:
gloryhunter007 said:
The sense is that he isn't worth half of the £37m fee United will reportedly pay. My house is worth X amount. If someone stupid enough comes to me and says 'oi, you. I'll give you XXX amount for your house because i'm a daft ****', i'm going to stare at him in shock, then quickly and somewhat in an excitable panic get the contracts drawn up, then laugh my currently overweight arse all the way to the bank.

That's why is makes sense. Add to that the fact United are bobbins and one player, in the position he plays in, won't change that - makes even more sense. It's brilliant by Chelsea, especially if they reinvest their money for 2 other players. It also means that today will be a non-stop piss take out of United - again.

If Mata makes just enough difference for them to scrape top 4 then IMO Chelsea have made a mistake. Not in terms of this season, obviously united are no threat to Chelsea this season but if they make top 4 then they have got out of jail. They will be much more likely to keep van persie and rooney, they will still be a reasonably attractive proposition in the summer for decent players and after a scare like this they will be extremely proactive in making sure they sort their sqaud out. If they miss out on top 4 then I think everything changes for them. Who will they be able to attract if they have no CL and on top of that players see the likes of rooney and van persie jumping ship (which they would)? I think Chelsea are being extremely short sighted tbh considering united have pretty much always been the team who have battled them for the title and it is a potentially one off opportunity for Chelsea to rid themselves for a good while of a long term rival. Hopefully you're right and Mata won't be enough to make much of a difference but then I look at the other teams going for 4th and I honestly think if they can get their strikers fit and mata in then they have every chance, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.