Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gloryhunter007 said:
I think it'd be hilarious if chelsea only let the mata to utd transfer get this far to bait in psg for 42 mil right now... honestly, i just don't understand why they'd be giving him to utd. makes no sense.

Part of an agreement for Shrek to go the other way at the end of this season?

I got a text from a rag wednesday....."mata deal done, medical Thursday. ."
It is now friday!!
According to sky sports news the mata deal is very close, sources say about as close as the sun is to the earth..
Anybody else thinking it will have a fabregas style ending to it?
We're on the 24th of jan, got 1 week left, we've had 3 weeks of the transfer window, we keep getting told utd don't panic buy!!!
The utd circus rolls on.

Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:
gloryhunter007 said:
I think it'd be hilarious if chelsea only let the mata to utd transfer get this far to bait in psg for 42 mil right now... honestly, i just don't understand why they'd be giving him to utd. makes no sense.
The sense is that he isn't worth half of the £37m fee United will reportedly pay. My house is worth X amount. If someone stupid enough comes to me and says 'oi, you. I'll give you XXX amount for your house because i'm a daft ****', i'm going to stare at him in shock, then quickly and somewhat in an excitable panic get the contracts drawn up, then laugh my currently overweight arse all the way to the bank.

That's why is makes sense. Add to that the fact United are bobbins and one player, in the position he plays in, won't change that - makes even more sense. It's brilliant by Chelsea, especially if they reinvest their money for 2 other players. It also means that today will be a non-stop piss take out of United - again.

If Mata makes just enough difference for them to scrape top 4 then IMO Chelsea have made a mistake. Not in terms of this season, obviously united are no threat to Chelsea this season but if they make top 4 then they have got out of jail. They will be much more likely to keep van persie and rooney, they will still be a reasonably attractive proposition in the summer for decent players and after a scare like this they will be extremely proactive in making sure they sort their sqaud out. If they miss out on top 4 then I think everything changes for them. Who will they be able to attract if they have no CL and on top of that players see the likes of rooney and van persie jumping ship (which they would)? I think Chelsea are being extremely short sighted tbh considering united have pretty much always been the team who have battled them for the title and it is a potentially one off opportunity for Chelsea to rid themselves for a good while of a long term rival. Hopefully you're right and Mata won't be enough to make much of a difference but then I look at the other teams going for 4th and I honestly think if they can get their strikers fit and mata in then they have every chance, sadly.
Chelsea's strategic planning is appalling, which notwithstanding this episode, has been of great benefit to City.

Might be Chelsea are playing them, letting the rags do all the paper work medical and when it gets to Chelsea signing the deal off they say we want Rooney in the summer and we want it in writing before we sign mata off?!

Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:
gloryhunter007 said:
The sense is that he isn't worth half of the £37m fee United will reportedly pay. My house is worth X amount. If someone stupid enough comes to me and says 'oi, you. I'll give you XXX amount for your house because i'm a daft ****', i'm going to stare at him in shock, then quickly and somewhat in an excitable panic get the contracts drawn up, then laugh my currently overweight arse all the way to the bank.

That's why is makes sense. Add to that the fact United are bobbins and one player, in the position he plays in, won't change that - makes even more sense. It's brilliant by Chelsea, especially if they reinvest their money for 2 other players. It also means that today will be a non-stop piss take out of United - again.

If Mata makes just enough difference for them to scrape top 4 then IMO Chelsea have made a mistake. Not in terms of this season, obviously united are no threat to Chelsea this season but if they make top 4 then they have got out of jail. They will be much more likely to keep van persie and rooney, they will still be a reasonably attractive proposition in the summer for decent players and after a scare like this they will be extremely proactive in making sure they sort their sqaud out. If they miss out on top 4 then I think everything changes for them. Who will they be able to attract if they have no CL and on top of that players see the likes of rooney and van persie jumping ship (which they would)? I think Chelsea are being extremely short sighted tbh considering united have pretty much always been the team who have battled them for the title and it is a potentially one off opportunity for Chelsea to rid themselves for a good while of a long term rival. Hopefully you're right and Mata won't be enough to make much of a difference but then I look at the other teams going for 4th and I honestly think if they can get their strikers fit and mata in then they have every chance, sadly.
Well without sounding too cocky about it, I would say we are guaranteed a top 3 finish, as are Chelsea and Arsenal. That leaves 1 spot left, and I would say Spurs or Liverpool, (especially Liverpool), will get that. I can't see how Mata signing for them will change their fortunes enough to all of a sudden propel them into favourites for that top 4 spot. Chelsea have no use for Mata, they more than likely can see United won't make 4th, and can see a huge profit on a player they don't want. It makes every sense for them to sell. IMO.

waspish said:
Might be Chelsea are playing them, letting the rags do all the paper work medical and when it gets to Chelsea signing the deal off they say we want Rooney in the summer and we want it in writing before we sign mata off?!

that would be comedy gold

My biggest hope is that PSG ride in with a bid but I think I'm just clutching lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.