Match Ball and Peter Fletcher allegedly (for legal reasons)

ste.sully said:
A comment from an account purporting to be Peter Fletcher:
19th May 2012, 7:23pm

The actual truth is that a number of supporters rang the club to say that someone had been boasting that someone had be advertising this on social media websites and supplied the club with his details. The ball had in essence been stolen and was something that we wanted back for display. We asked the police to help and they brought the person claiming to have the ball to the stadium with his mother rather than go through any legal process. The youth was offered the opportunity to present the ball to a player with the press but we needed to be sure he had the ball so mother said she would return the ball by 5pm on Friday.she failed to show and when I telephoned the father he said he wanted to keep it over the weekend so people could have photos with it and that he would deliver it on Monday. The ball is the clubs property and should be displayed at the club. The mother said they had been offered money for it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/05/premiership/is-citys-peter-fletcher-the-biggest-loser-in-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2 ... n-football</a>
If it really is Fletcher, I find it hard to believe that's what happened considering what is being reported at the moment.
I imagine that is exactly what happened.

Yeah, I bet they wanted to try and sell it.

ste.sully said:

The actual truth is that a number of supporters rang the club to say that someone had been boasting that someone had be advertising this on social media websites and supplied the club with his details. The ball had in essence been stolen and was something that we wanted back for display. We asked the police to help and they brought the person claiming to have the ball to the stadium with his mother rather than go through any legal process. The youth was offered the opportunity to present the ball to a player with the press but we needed to be sure he had the ball so mother said she would return the ball by 5pm on Friday. She failed to show and when I telephoned the father he said he wanted to keep it over the weekend so people could have photos with it and that he would deliver it on Monday. The ball is the clubs property and should be displayed at the club. The mother said they had been offered money for it.

omg its a ball, why didnt the stewards get in when we won. Arresting a 17 year old who had the best day of his life for picking up the ball that anyone else would also have. Fletcher especially you have handled this appalingly, Fletcher OUT !!!!!

Not the real ball as some of us have stated...so the story is bollocks they won't meet City because they can't prove it...story ends

big blueballs said:
Not the real ball as some of us have stated...so the story is bollocks they won't meet City because they can't prove it...story ends

The wont meet City posibly because of the manner it was handled

Bollocks it aint

dctid said:
big blueballs said:

Bollocks it aint
Sorry but I don't believe it is the guy I saw get the match ball that Joe Hart blasted in the air at the end of the game the ball Sergio scored the winner with was no teenager more around 30ish...so I call bull shit On this one...unless the guy gave the ball to the kid which I find highly unlikely

big blueballs said:
dctid said:
big blueballs said:

Bollocks it aint
Sorry but I don't believe it is the guy I saw get the match ball that Joe Hart blasted in the air at the end of the game the ball Sergio scored the winner with was no teenager more around 30ish...so I call bull shit On this one...unless the guy gave the ball to the kid which I find highly unlikely

Ok fair enough your view

Rules of bluemoon:
-Negative story about City = BOLLOCKS!!!1111!!
-Positive story about City = TWOOF!!!11!!!1

Anyway...

Shitty move by the club. These kinds of stories are part of football, the lad should keep it.

prairiemoon said:
ste.sully said:

The actual truth is that a number of supporters rang the club to say that someone had been boasting that someone had be advertising this on social media websites and supplied the club with his details. The ball had in essence been stolen and was something that we wanted back for display. We asked the police to help and they brought the person claiming to have the ball to the stadium with his mother rather than go through any legal process. The youth was offered the opportunity to present the ball to a player with the press but we needed to be sure he had the ball so mother said she would return the ball by 5pm on Friday.she failed to show and when I telephoned the father he said he wanted to keep it over the weekend so people could have photos with it and that he would deliver it on Monday. The ball is the clubs property and should be displayed at the club. The mother said they had been offered money for it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/05/premiership/is-citys-peter-fletcher-the-biggest-loser-in-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2 ... n-football</a>
If it really is Fletcher, I find it hard to believe that's what happened considering what is being reported at the moment.
I imagine that is exactly what happened.

Yeah, I bet they wanted to try and sell it.
I don't see how you could sell the ball though. You'd have to be pretty dim to do so. Technically, it's worthless but priceless. The only organisation which can vet its authenticity is City or the Premier League. How would you put that on Ebay and explain??

JoeMercer'sWay said:
should have politely written to them, asking for it back and offering a replica signed by all the players and a photo with it with Kun.
That would of probably worked. Fletcher has probably read this thread and now he has created a cover story with the action we've suggested on here i.e. signed shirt or photo opportunity in exchange for the ball. Fletcher is a grade 1 jobs-worth and probably phoned the police without thinking how to get the ball back in a tacit manner which does not turn into a PR disaster.

Also, the police have got more important things to do that try to track a football down. I've never phoned the police when my next door neighbour has not returned my football. Whoever at the club called the police needs to question themselves. To put the cherry on the cake of this embarrassing charade, they probably dialled the emergency 999 number instead of the 101 reporting number.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.