Match Ball and Peter Fletcher allegedly (for legal reasons)

denislawsbackheel said:
thieving little scrote nicked the ball. He's lucky they dropped charges.

Right lad! your telling me that if the ball was 10yards away from you on the pitch you wouldnt go and get it? think before you speak! its a good friend of mine that has the ball and yes he is 17

If this is the official version, why are the Police being used as a taxi service? Also, why would the Police need to arrest and then de-arrest him in order to provide the said taxi service?

'We asked the police to help and they brought the person claiming to have the ball to the stadium with his mother rather than go through any legal process.'
And my hard earned money goes to pay for this?

big blueballs said:
dctid said:
big blueballs said:
Not the real ball as some of us have stated...so the story is bollocks they won't meet City because they can't prove it...story ends

The wont meet City posibly because of the manner it was handled

Bollocks it aint
Sorry but I don't believe it is the guy I saw get the match ball that Joe Hart blasted in the air at the end of the game the ball Sergio scored the winner with was no teenager more around 30ish...so I call bull shit On this one...unless the guy gave the ball to the kid which I find highly unlikely

Seriously he is 17! I was on the pitch with him when he picked it up. It wasn't his intention to run on and get the ball he was just enjoying the moment as 45'000 others were. When joe hart kicked the ball up in the air it landed 10yards away from him so im sure as any city fan would, he went over and picked it up. To be honest its the way city have handled the situation and fletcher in particular its just disgusting! Fletcher sent police to my mates stall/work which is a baby store and had him embarassingly "arrested" in front of customers/staff etc.

And i can back this up 100% so can you please stop slagging him off (theif,thug,scrote,bullshiter) as he is one of my best mates. Thanks

Fletcher going totally overboard as per usual,City really need to get rid of the prat he causes so many problems between the fans and the club,easy solution go to the lads house say to him we really want the ball to go in the museum as part of the clubs history the lad i have no doubt woud say yes no problem,but as per usual all done in the wrong way

de niro said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
de niro said:
thats not how bluemoon works. try this.

"i'm not sure he "stole" the ball"
my fellow bluemooner.

Hang on a minute De Niro..I got a weeks ban (check your records) for calling someone a prick...Have the rules changed?

no mate, i looked at his post count and thought he may not know our standards on here, he does now and wont get a second chance.
i move loads of shit rather than ban and if i banned you then there must have been some warnings or some previous. if not then i'm sorry.

your right mate i don't know the bluemoon etiquette and i will try not to insult anybody again when not agreeing with their opinion.

the ball was stolen, fletcher reported it to the police, everything after that is for the police to decide

The cops are in for an unlawful arrest case against them because whilst there may have been grounds to arrest for theft, there was clearly no necessity to arrest as they "de arrested" him. For an arrest to be lawful there needs to be grounds AND necessity, which is a clearly defined set of circumstances. What then followed was an enforced taxi ride to the stadium where the "restorative justice" took place. This is garbage because Restorative Justice is a totally voluntary process, so unless the lad agreed to that, it wouldn't happen.

From reading the OP's account and the MUEN account and sort of taking the story from both stories, I would say the cops could be sued for unlawful arrest, unlawful imprisonment and abuse of authority. There would be records of the visit by the cops on their computers as well as witnesses to his incarceration.

McfcTom1 said:
big blueballs said:
dctid said:
The wont meet City posibly because of the manner it was handled

Bollocks it aint
Sorry but I don't believe it is the guy I saw get the match ball that Joe Hart blasted in the air at the end of the game the ball Sergio scored the winner with was no teenager more around 30ish...so I call bull shit On this one...unless the guy gave the ball to the kid which I find highly unlikely

Seriously he is 17! I was on the pitch with him when he picked it up. It wasn't his intention to run on and get the ball he was just enjoying the moment as 45'000 others were. When joe hart kicked the ball up in the air it landed 10yards away from him so im sure as any city fan would, he went over and picked it up. To be honest its the way city have handled the situation and fletcher in particular its just disgusting! Fletcher sent police to my mates stall/work which is a baby store and had him embarassingly "arrested" in front of customers/staff etc.

And i can back this up 100% so can you please stop slagging him off (theif,thug,scrote,bullshiter) as he is one of my best mates. Thanks

But your mate did steal the match ball !
He;
* Took something that didn't belong to him
* Without permission
* With the intention of depriving the owner of the item

Which ever way you look at it - it's theft

Wonder if there will ever be a time when someone isn't frothing at the mouth, gagging for someone, anyone to be sacked...

Players are too good, hard to slate them...
Manager is massively popular and successful so that's a no go...

Right, some faceless security guy it is!

Kid nicked the ball (when he shouldn't actually have been near it), club wanted it back (as they should - definitely part of our history) - who gives a fuck?

Didn't we just win the title?

I think Aguero is behind this. He wants that ball. It's probably in his contract that he gets to keep balls like that in question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.