Match Day: Aston Villa v. Manchester City FC

MonsallBlue said:
Just one of those days guys.

I aint gonna beat myself up about it. Could all change next week. Unless Blackpool bend over for scum.

Blackpool wont get within 3 goals of the Scum never mind beat them.

The title is over. We have got no fcking chance. We need to fully focus on getting at least 4th. Birmingham away wont be any easier then its scum and Chelsea away aftere that!

We blew it today especially already knowing the scores.

RandomJ said:
Garden Of Edin said:
My mistake, I did mean 3rd.
Anyways, fuck off.

Shitty Villa score a goal, then they park the bus. Get over it. Knee jerk reaction "OH NO, DZEKO PROBABLY WANTS OUT"

I don't recall saying he wanted out? We have one of the best strikers in Europe a real force in the air playing on the wing crossing it for the 2 shortest guys in the team? Add to that hes playing up front with the greediest ball hog i've ever seen.

The thinking behind pulling Dzeko further out of the middle was to obviously have him arrive at the back post. Dunne and that ginger giant have won everything in the air.

citymad said:
better second half but it was always going to be difficult to get past one of the best defences in the league. Dunney was outstanding again and I I'd welcome him back with open arms. Overall, we huffed and puffed but couldnt find that break. johnson was great, Dzeko was disappointing and Tevez too deep to be effective.

you having a laugh . 1st clean sheet since october !

Bad result today and I can take losing but some things worried me today:
1. NO leader on the pitch driving the team forward when we were struggling - we looked a bunch of expensive strangers
2. TEVEZ has to learn he can't always score, when he's not in a position to score and team mates are in space he should pass but doesn't
3. Mancini did not address where we were going wrong one bit. Super worrying. We could all see we needed width yet Johnson was inside too much the 2 occasions he got on the outside he looked dangerous and isn't that the point of Dzeko?
4. Complete lack of urgency as a team. The players seemed half asleep. I'll forgive Silva, it was his worst performance, he looked like a zombie out there but collectively they were asleep and obviousl;y Mancini didn't affect them at half time.
5. Movement up front was non-existent.
6. Against a poor but highly motivated Villa we couldn't find a solution - that is very worrying as it's become a trend that Mancini hasn't adressed in his time at City.

BUT
Kolarov was fantastic today. The true Kolarov and our only decent player.

Mancini needs to adress these shortcomings as it is THOSE points above which make the difference between 3rd/ 2nd or 1st NOT just buying another striker and throwing him in.

NOt saying Mancini out, i've warmed to him since my Birminngham rant but there is still something about him which makes me think he won't deliver when we really need it, when the pressure is really on, that extra 5% of managerial expertise that unfortunatly TW*T HEAD over in Stretford has.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
MonsallBlue said:
Just one of those days guys.

I aint gonna beat myself up about it. Could all change next week. Unless Blackpool bend over for scum.

Blackpool wont get within 3 goals of the Scum never mind beat them.

The title is over. We have got no fcking chance. We need to fully focus on getting at least 4th. Birmingham away wont be any easier then its scum and Chelsea away aftere that!

We blew it today especially already knowing the scores.

wum?

I am also blaming kolo for their goal.

And that is the last time I am going to have the sound on when watching us on ESPN. Bias pile of twats.

How Johnson doesn't start baffles me.

He should be playing instead of Barry for me. He was great when he came on.

That said, 5 defeats all season isn't good.

Right gents, where did we go wrong today?

Cos from what I HEARD (talksport), all that seemed to be lacking is the final ball. With Silva we have that, so my only conclusion is that it was just one of those games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.