Match fixing confirmed (including in England)

That Pool CL game has now been confirmed as fixed by the Hungarian club. Dont think Pool have anything to worry about, seems to be the oppositions who have admitted to the game being fixed

BBC Sport just confirmed it was Liverpool v Debrecen in 2009.

Sorry if this already posted.

hertsblue said:
That Pool CL game has now been confirmed as fixed by the Hungarian club. Dont think Pool have anything to worry about, seems to be the oppositions who have admitted to the game being fixed
Debrecen were supposed to let in 3 goals or more but Liverpool were so shit that they only managed to score one and that was a gift from the dodgy keeper.

Prestwich_Blue said:
hertsblue said:
Debrecen were supposed to let in 3 goals or more but Liverpool were so shit that they only managed to score one and that was a gift from the dodgy keeper.

Wasn't there a similar story about us. Grobbelaar trying to throw a match when we played Southampton but we were so shit we could only manage a 3-3 draw?

Prestwich_Blue said:
VOOMER said:
Match fixing and event fixing has been rife in every sport and football is a sport. However, they will do anything to protect the brand, so the truth could well get buried.
This is what the people claiming they won't believe it until they see prosecutions don't get. 4 top class PL referees have been uncovered in the last 4 years and been forced to give up fron-line referreing yet it's all been done very quietly without a peep in the press.
I've no opinion either way, but is there actually any evidence this happened or is it 2+2=5 ? Styles and Bennet were hopelessly inadquate, and it seemed they usually favoured anybody other than City, but that doesn't prove anything. Riley I always thought was OK, and I doubt he'd have been moved into a position of more authority if there had been any serious question.

Walton, well he was certainly anti-city in ever game he reffed us (and a few other teams), and it did seem very odd that he gave up to go ref in the USA.

Of the current crop, I think its more to do with poor officials than anything suspicious, some of the younger ones (Attwell) simply were not ready for the top league.

On the issue of supporting a club, then if there is any suspicion whatsoever, even if its just serious internet rumours, then they simply should not be allowed to ref that club, just for complete transparency.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Bennett was the third of that trio in 2009.
And bags a job with the ICC,another sport with betting issues. Maybe they wanted him to be able to detect suspicious activity?

I recall a few mods and fans were introduced to Mike Reilly last year and were told not to publish details of the meeting on here....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.