Match of the Day last night

Blue Mist said:
[Cityfan, it wasn't just the penalty he did give, what about the 2 he didn't? Surely all 3 decisions warrant being discussed. I listened to the match on GMR, they and others said we were back to our brillaint best of passing and inter play so why not highlight that instead of 'Kompnays shit' ?

Because they don't have enough time to analyse matches they don't watch. The penalty decisions did not change the result. They cannotanalyse every penalty decision in every match.Kompany has been poor by his standards this season sa they don't have time to analyse the match they went with this before hand.

People saying that the penalty didn't effect the final result are just wrong.

The moment he blows for that penalty, the whole structure of the game is changed. The score could have been literally anything, we could have gone on struggling at 0-0 and then Fulham nicked one in the final minute and won. We could have gone on to win 6-0. The point is, nobody knows what the score would have been had he not given that penalty.

It's not like "Oh, they would have just had one goal less so it would have been 2-0 to us". It's called chaos theory and nobody could possibly have a clue what the outcome would be.

Okay, on this occasion, the team that the decision favoured went on to lose, but that doesn't suddenly make it all okay. We wasted energy trying to get back to 2-1, we threw on Balo and Dzeko, what if as a result of the energy and mental strength wasted on this game we now go on to lose to Dortmund?

Stopped watching a few seasons ago, Hanson and Lawrenson are embarrassing and bitter, kids watching MOTD have no idea who they are, get rid and i might watch again

Cityfan said:
Because they don't have enough time to analyse matches they don't watch.

Yet they had time to analyze our away kit and Kompany's 'mistakes'.

The penalty decisions did not change the result.

It was a talking point; a controversial decision that was obviously very poor. Their excuse for not discussing it was laughable.

They cannot analyse every penalty decision in every match.

The penalty decision was far more worthy of discussion than our away kit, yet they decided to discuss the later. Laughable!

Kompany has been poor by his standards this season sa they don't have time to analyse the match they went with this before hand.

They don't have time to analyse the match, yet they have time to analyze Kompany's performance during that match?

Er, okaaay...

Thought it was disgusting to be honest. They spent more time talking about our kit than the penalty.
The excuse that "he had a tough week so we will leave it" is just pathetic and something you would expect on CBeebies not a channel we pay a license fee to.

It should be highlighted that he is clearly useless as a ref and gave Utd every decision last week and gave us nothing this week. He has been next to useless since he came back from his illness and has been in the spotlight many a time for some crazy decisions.

This should not be swept under the carpet, he should be asked to explain his decisions in the games to the FA who should then drop him from the PL.

As for MOTD, its been some time since i watched it, i taped it last night to fast forward to City this morning and after watching thier so called anylsis, it will be some time before i watch this shower of shit again

207t1kh.jpg

Nowt wrong with our away kit ... it looks great !

Kompany did make mistakes , but improved as the game wore on ... MOTD neglected to point that out , yes.

The penalty was 'needless' , and Zabaleta didn't need to even touch their player , that's if he did ...... David Silva was covering close by.

Didn't watch MOTD last night, rarely do now, unless we absolutely tonk someone good and want to see Hansen squirm. Goals on Sunday was alright today though they still spend too much time waffling with often archaic guests (trying to blame diving on Foreigners taking over the league, predictable), and they have no sort of interactive way to explain their tactical dissection of the match, which may seem gimmicky but really helps.

Oh, and just because there's a girl on the show, doesn't mean you have to force in something about clothes. Of which our away kit is fucking boss, thank you very much.

baildon blue said:
What was that all about showing all kompanys mistakes.It took the p***
Don't know about that. They called him the best defender last season, and he got lots of plaudits on MOTD, but this season he has been shite, so probably deserves it a bit. The glossing over of the penalty incident was shite. However, they also didn't look too hard at the sending off at Stoke.

I bet they wouldn't have been so quick to sweep Halseys last 2 ''performances'' under the carpet if things had been the other way round... i.e the rags having a non-penalty given AGAINST them and City being AWARDED a non-penalty... they would be discussing the 'shocking level of refereeing' till midnight.

Things are fairly desperate on the punditry front when the only half-decent analysis in any week comes from Ratboy.

And what exactly was wrong with our kit??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.