Match Thread | Everton vs Man City (17/02/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played quite well until that goal, now it's a cup game for them. Pep needs to change something, either shoot more or tighten the grip in the box, they are very few bodies. Or maybe to 4-4-2 again, there is no point spreading the play when they are defending the box. And we lost quite a few balls on both sides of their box and it's always a quick turn-over. We miss Mr. Whippy it is obvious, Pep needs to do something to compensate this.

Was that when we were languishing in mid-table? Funny how our season turned on it’s head when we introduced an actual footballer, instead of a Poundland sprinter.
No mate it was when he was saving our arses, scoring away at bramall lane and we had a load of games on hand

Walkers recovery pace doesn’t do much for us when he decides to leave his man alone and mark a goalpost instead.

He did get back to win the ball on a few occasions as well though. He doesn't offer much going forward but he's better defensively against the break than Cancelo and I guess that's why he's playing at RB.

I agree that it does unbalance us though and limits us going forward. They know that and are giving us a bit more space on the right in order to block our left side which is where our more dangerous players are.

I think tonight without our player of the season so far Gundogan we should have played our strongest defense as an insurance policy.

Too many changes forced,and unforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.