Match Thread | Man City vs Crystal Palace (22/12/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- We should pass and play faster and be more direct.
- Stones is not and NEVER a midfielder.
- Ederson needs a wake up call.

Stones really isn't good enough in defensive midfield. De Bruyne for Otamendi soon, Stones back in at centre-half where he belongs.

I saw the lineup alert pop up on my phone from the city app and I had a slightly depressed feeling.... too rigid is what I thought, so felt a bit down for 5 mins thinking we should go creative against Palace then got on with the washing up and by the time I had finished I had changed my tune thinking Palace won’t score, so we’ll bring on creative players if needed. Didn’t account for such ridiculous quality from Palace in front goal. Oh dear.

Stones needs to come off for Debruyne or Foden. In fact if we are still chasing the win with 15 mins to go I’d take off one of the full backs drop the other to three at the back and have Sane and Sterling as hybrid wingbacks and stick Aguero on to occupy their 10 men They will undoubtably have in the box.

We need to proper go at them this half.. cant drop points here and losing just can’t be allowed to happen. Would hand Dippers an unbelievable opportunity.

Walker's form, stones at dm and two of the most important cogs of the team last season both in attacking and defensive workrate in de bruyne and d.silva not in the team means this was always on the cards. With that said besides their first goal which walker could've done much better, don't think the team has been particularly poor besides walker defensively. It's just that type of day where every shot the opposition takes goes the only place it can be a goal.

Drawing or even losing this game won't be the end of the world and anyone handing the title to liverpool if the desired result doesn't happen need to relax, there's a lot of football to be played. If the team does come back in the second half which I believe they can, then this will be the game and win that gives me even more confidence that the title will be retained. Especially with de bruyne and silva still to come back to full fitness and no fernandinho it will send a real message to liverpool and rest of contenders that this team means business so hopefully the players go out there the second half and show who they are.
I suspect we can’t afford to lose more than two games this season and this certainly isn’t supposed to be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.