Match Thread: Manchester City F.C v Wolves

Re: Official match thread city v wolves.

I very much doubt that Eddie will score first because I very much doubt that he'll start on the pitch (not that I wouldn't love to see it).
He's been on a winter break so definitely isn't match fit . . added thought is that he's still settling in - probably living out of a suitcase and trying to suss where the local offie is and which chippy serves the best jockeys. He's been disrupted by the usual 'new player' publicy work (probably flash-blind after all the photo's) and has only had opportunity to train with the squad for one week.
Given the number of new players that we have, we've had a ridiculously good start to the season and the only thing that's stopped us playing even better is that the squad will take time to bed in together - that will be a slow process over the next 2 seasons so we'll have to wait before we see the guys at their glorious best.
Sticking Eddie on the pitch from the first whistle would be a presumption that they can all read each others minds . . but that's not the case.
Players need to put time in together before they understand how each other think and react - ball received mid-field, opposition player charging in, small gap in the defence, great to quickly play a ball through for Eddie but will he cut in or push out / will he anticipate the pass? How would he know what to expect and how do you know what to expect - in a frantic live game situation there's no time to mull it over - if you have to think about it then you're too slow.
That's why long established teams can look so bloody good - they all know where to put the ball without thinking / all know without doubt where to put themselves to receive the pass.
Bringing in a player of Eddie's standard adds to our talent base and provides options for different tactics and playing styles but it isn't an recipe for instant success - that takes time. . . and patience.

I'm happy to wait until 60 minutes into the game then I insist that he jogs on and scores 3 beautifully crafted individual goals!

Mark Lawrenson's (BBC) Prediction:

Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers

I would think that Manchester City's new £27m striker Edin Dzeko will play some part in this game.

We don't know whether Roberto Mancini intends to play Dzeko and Carlos Tevez in the same team, with Tevez possibly operating behind the Bosnian international, but, if he does then that could be a very potent partnership.

Wolves got a great win over Chelsea at Molineux in their last league game but they have not been much of a threat on the road.

City's record at Eastlands is not great, but they don't give many goals away either.

Prediction: Manchester City 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct.

Lawro has City in third place in the table on 50 points, just ahead of Liverpool (!) on goal difference...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2010-11.html

I know Wolves will be confident having won away at Stamford Bridge in their last game but I've got a funny feeling that maybe over-confidence could be their downfall tomorrow. I think we're due a big win, whether Dzeko starts or not and even with Balotelli out I feel a 5-0 coming on...

Tevez 2
Silva 1
Milner 1
Yaya 1

Ambitious I know, just feel someone's gonna get a pasting on our turf very soon

sky sports prem preview are predicting a whopping 5-0 to us

THFC6061 said:
Mark Lawrenson's (BBC) Prediction:

Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers

I would think that Manchester City's new £27m striker Edin Dzeko will play some part in this game.

We don't know whether Roberto Mancini intends to play Dzeko and Carlos Tevez in the same team, with Tevez possibly operating behind the Bosnian international, but, if he does then that could be a very potent partnership.

Wolves got a great win over Chelsea at Molineux in their last league game but they have not been much of a threat on the road.

City's record at Eastlands is not great, but they don't give many goals away either.

Prediction: Manchester City 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct.

Lawro has City in third place in the table on 50 points, just ahead of Liverpool (!) on goal difference...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2010-11.html

He's actually predicted Liverpool to be level on points with us.lol

My Team:

Hart

Zabaleta
Toure
Kompany
Kolarov

De Jong
Barry
Yaya

Silva
Tevez
Dzeko

4-1-2-1-2 that can change into 4-2-2-2 or 4-1-2-2-1 very easily.

Subs: Given, Boateng, Lescott, Vieira, Milner, A Johnson, Jo(I'd rather not but who else do we have?).

Wolves will be high on confidence , but we are a good team and we will be able to unpick their defence eventually , as I presume they will sit back . I do expect it to be tough for the first 20-25 minutes but then we will get into gear and play the football that will tear them apart .

----------------Hart-----------------
Zabaleta---Kolo------Vinnie K------Kolarov
----------------NDJ-----------------
--------Yaya----------Barry--------
---------------Silva-------------
---------Tevez-----Dzeko

Thats the team I would like to start , but I expect MIlner to play instead of dzeko and act as a wide player .

Any win will be appreciated , but I think it will be 2-0 City . Tevez and Dzeko to score off the bench

this ??

Manchester-City-v-Wolverh-001.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.