Matchday Parking

Hiya, do any blues drive into games from the north? Any advice where to park? Happy to walk up to a couple of miles

I always get the train into games but this Tuesdays game is looking tricky, plus I have to leave pre final whistle to even stand a chance of getting the last train home from Piccadilly to Lancaster, I really want to stay to the end.

So I'll drive - any advice on where to park for a quick getaway North?
Quick getaway North ?
You are Dick Turpin and I claim my £10 reward !!!

I drive from Edinburgh and have not cracked it yet. This season used the clubs green car park. Get away from the cp within 10 minutes no problem. That’s when the fun starts.
Fair enough. What about parking up towards Whitefield and jumping on the tram from Piccadilly? Faff but might avoid the worst and then jump straight on the M60?

Fair enough. What about parking up towards Whitefield and jumping on the tram from Piccadilly? Faff but might avoid the worst and then jump straight on the M60?
We used to use the park and ride at Ashton and get the metro until my wife got a crush injury after a match. It might work for you but my guess would be you will spend more time getting from Whitefield to Etihad and back than just parking close and putting up with the crawl afterwards.

I drive from Edinburgh and have not cracked it yet. This season used the clubs green car park. Get away from the cp within 10 minutes no problem. That’s when the fun starts.

Really? Is that VIP parking? normally when I leave at the final whistle get to the car (blue car park) then it’s a 30-40 minute wait to get out.

A large multi-storey car park where the green parking currently is would make sense similar to Wembley.

I normally park on Vermilion car park for a fiver. They’ve put it up to a tenner now.
Has anyone noticed a price increase at any of the other non-MCFC car parks?
I used to park on Vermilion, not parked there since the price increase.
£190 on parking just for PL games, I don't think so!
I guess many other Blues feel the same way cos the right hand side car park was empty.

Really? Is that VIP parking? normally when I leave at the final whistle get to the car (blue car park) then it’s a 30-40 minute wait to get out.

A large multi-storey car park where the green parking currently is would make sense similar to Wembley.
No it’s the Green car park. Seems to empty ok. You just make up for it as soon as you are out though.

I used to park on Vermilion, not parked there since the price increase.
£190 on parking just for PL games, I don't think so!
I guess many other Blues feel the same way cos the right hand side car park was empty.
Me too cheeky fuckers doubled the price,
I just found a spot near Hadfields Oldham Rd on the street so another 400 meters or so walking.....for free !
Got away no problem

We park at Riverpark Road, but get there by 12.30 for a 3pm kick off as the kids want to watch the bus arrive.

Then it’s a pretty quick getaway to the M61 through Cheetham Hill and to the A580 at Salford, so on the motorway by 6. We’re usually back in Prestonpans by 10.30 but with 4 kids in the car that’s meaning a couple of stops at least so sure you could do it quicker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.