Matchday Parking

I normally park on Vermilion car park for a fiver. They’ve put it up to a tenner now.
Has anyone noticed a price increase at any of the other non-MCFC car parks?
Like me and the other poster....not any more on Vermillion, and it seems plenty of others have fucked it off too, generally it's around 5 or 6 quid everywhere else

I used to park on Vermilion, not parked there since the price increase.
£190 on parking just for PL games, I don't think so!
I guess many other Blues feel the same way cos the right hand side car park was empty.
Thanks for that I wondered why it was so quiet on my way back to the car yesterday.I used to use it but at £10 no chance.

We park at Riverpark Road, but get there by 12.30 for a 3pm kick off as the kids want to watch the bus arrive.

Then it’s a pretty quick getaway to the M61 through Cheetham Hill and to the A580 at Salford, so on the motorway by 6. We’re usually back in Prestonpans by 10.30 but with 4 kids in the car that’s meaning a couple of stops at least so sure you could do it quicker.
I'm assuming you take a back route out of Riverpark Road to avoid turning onto Alan Turing Way?

Like me and the other poster....not any more on Vermillion, and it seems plenty of others have fucked it off too, generally it's around 5 or 6 quid everywhere else

Yeh I noticed it was really empty when I walked past yesterday, we used to park on there but moved off it after they shut that road and it took us about an hour to get off it (think it was the Spurs match which probably didn't help people's moods either). We were going to go back on there once they had re-opened it but won't bother now.

I used to park on Vermilion, not parked there since the price increase.
£190 on parking just for PL games, I don't think so!
I guess many other Blues feel the same way cos the right hand side car park was empty.
I noticed that too. The auctioneers place just up the road were charging a fiver on Saturday but I don’t see it lasting long.

It could be interesting finding a parking spot next season if these proposal go through

This extended residents parking scheme makes no sense at all, for instance, the stretch of Clayton Lane between Ashton New Road and Wilson Street is unrestricted at present,(there is no need for residents parking at this location because there are no residential or business properties). They are proposing to introduce restrictions on Clayton Lane which will stop all match day parking next season.

Last edited:
I'm expecting to have to drive to games next season and will be trying out Hollinwood to Central Park by tram with a walk to & from the ground as it looks like my parking 'spot' will be history.

Should be ok unless raining which won't be helped with no brollies being allowed in the ground, certainly not in SS3 anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.