Matchday "safety" changes

Is a joke, more people having to mingle with traffic and yes I know a lot of people ignored the signs; would have been worse of they hadn't

Totally unenforceable loads going through gate 1 today can see confrontation if the showsec bods try to turn people around at the gate.

Bloody chaos & dangerous. Loads of fans headed towards gate1. People broke thru barriers everywhere along route, fans in road on Alan Turing road Stewards receiving abuse from fans. Traffic still at stand still at gate 1.

Bloody crazy!

Took me 45 minutes longer to get home, walking through the traffic didn't exactly make me feel safe.
Shite.

What happened when the bulk of the fans got to the gas holder corner - did they keep the traffic lights on?

Just one lane out of gate 1 for cars (all from the west car park), with pedestrians alongside. Those who obeyed the signs and went round the long way cut across the cars leaving gate 2 and again at gate 1. They put cones out to make a vehicle lane out at gate 1 onto Alan Turing Way (so forcing cars already in the two lanes on Alan Turing Way to merge into the outside lane - itself a hazard) but then after the lights, anyone in the right lane wanting to turn into Bradford Road then has to cut across to the inside lane, another hazardous move.

With all the pedestrians cutting across cars in various places, and the newly-created conflicts between pedestrians and cars and between cars and cars, this really is a poor idea. Whether there was really much improvement in getaway time for cars seems doubtful.

Coach took about 30mins longer to get out of the car park with traffic on AT Way down to one lane on the approach to gate 1. Let's see if it settles down for future games before criticising the changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.