Matchday "safety" changes

Transport for Greater Manchester time all traffic lights in the area around the ground . All they have to do is set a "tidal flow" on the ways into Beswick main routes giving priority to those travelling to the ground and then set it to give priority to those leaving on main routes out once the game ends . They won't do anything though because their political masters are anti car .
They won't do anything because your suggestion is nonsense tbh and would only add to congestion . If things were that simple, none of us would ever sit in traffic again as tfgm would wave the magic wand.

Right, silly qiestion time (but being serious too ). Are cars allowed to enter the blue car parks (and leave for that matter ) using gare 2 ? l ask coz only ever used gate 2

So just trying to understand this proper,I'm glad there is a thread.couldn't understand it proper through email on phone,so for us that walk straight down JMW towards the gas tower,we have to walk to the road,turn right,then cross the road to head North back on the main road.
So how the fuck are we still gonna cross the road,at the traffic lights,this is gonna cause mayhem,there are thousands go home that way

Correct - you'll take the right hand "lane" at the Joe Mercer memorial, get to the main car park road and turn right to Alan Turing Way then north to Briscoe lane - and near the gasholders crossing all the cars trying to get out of Gate 1 where you used to come out. It's not clear whether any cars will be able to exit at Gate 2. If not, it will just create an extra conflict between vehicles and cars - but I assume that's the intention, as there are two lanes northbound and two lanes southbound at gate 2 but only two lanes northbound at gate 1 (and only northbound unless they take out a bit of the central reservation). And there are no lights at Gate 1 so presumably some men will stand on Alan Turing Way to stop the traffic (again, if not police, with no powers of enforcement).

It's an extra 300 metres to walk (in and out) - ten minutes extra at an average pace? For those who say this is a moan, I presume you've never walked along JMW in pouring rain.

They tried getting pedestrians and vehicles to share Gate 1 as an exit with a massive bottleneck for pedestrians at the pinch point. This will just make the pinchpoint at the Joe Mercer memorial, where people will be "crossing the streams" (from the west to the pedestrian lane and from the east to the car park lane). Who you gonna call? Traffic engineer busters. It won't work, even if people do what they're told.

I've always been sorry to miss the Mass Trespass at Kinder - maybe it's time for one at the Etihad.

Correct - you'll take the right hand "lane" at the Joe Mercer memorial, get to the main car park road and turn right to Alan Turing Way then north to Briscoe lane - and near the gasholders crossing all the cars trying to get out of Gate 1 where you used to come out. It's not clear whether any cars will be able to exit at Gate 2. If not, it will just create an extra conflict between vehicles and cars - but I assume that's the intention, as there are two lanes northbound and two lanes southbound at gate 2 but only two lanes northbound at gate 1 (and only northbound unless they take out a bit of the central reservation). And there are no lights at Gate 1 so presumably some men will stand on Alan Turing Way to stop the traffic (again, if not police, with no powers of enforcement).

It's an extra 300 metres to walk (in and out) - ten minutes extra at an average pace? For those who say this is a moan, I presume you've never walked along JMW in pouring rain.

They tried getting pedestrians and vehicles to share Gate 1 as an exit with a massive bottleneck for pedestrians at the pinch point. This will just make the pinchpoint at the Joe Mercer memorial, where people will be "crossing the streams" (from the west to the pedestrian lane and from the east to the car park lane). Who you gonna call? Traffic engineer busters. It won't work, even if people do what they're told.

I've always been sorry to miss the Mass Trespass at Kinder - maybe it's time for one at the Etihad.

Right,well that is shite,I park all way up at Hadfields Transport car park,a right fucking walk,especially in wind,rain and snow,so using gate 1 is ideal,but as per,the fucking do gooders whinge and win again

They have to cover their arses before a pedestrian is injured or God forbid, killed. It will probably be a circus for a while as too many bone idle lazy fuckers can't be arsed walking the extra minute or two. The amount of people I see crossing roads within a few yards of a pelican crossing is frightening and most of the idiots are on their phones or looking down at them probably for Pokemon!

Darwin theory will take care of the organ donors, fooking pokemon jeez! LoL

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the club are hoping that we who park of site,will get pissed off and pay to park on site therefore increasing revenue!!!

So does this mean there will be no more shouts of "hold" as the stewards hold hands to form a barrier at the bottom of Mercer way?

This is all very confusing as I don't memorise gates and numbers and where they are all located. Please can someone draw a diagram with the new walk route from Mercer way to the fire station.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.