Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think we have to replace players like for like? In recent times, Grealish is nothing like Sterling. Rodri nothing like Fernandinho. Haaland and Aguero. Torres and Sane. There’s probably more.

With all due respect I think a lot of people don’t really know how football works and certainly don’t know the club’s strategy. We haven’t won 5/6 premier leagues for no reason.

Why do people think we have to replace players like for like? In recent times, Grealish is nothing like Sterling. Rodri nothing like Fernandinho. Haaland and Aguero. Torres and Sane. There’s probably more.

With all due respect I think a lot of people don’t really know how football works and certainly don’t know the club’s strategy. We haven’t won 5/6 premier leagues for no reason.
I’m glad peps our manager and not some of the random know it all clowns you find on here.

So underrated by some on here. Even in this trash Chelsea side, he has been able to occasionally shine and win them games even (in this disastrous season). https://www.footballfancast.com/che...russia-dortmund-player-ratings-mateo-kovacic/
On top of it, Chelsea's player of the season a couple of seasons ago, 109 apps for Real Madrid, a crucial part of Croatia's midfield (best NT midfield in the world in the last 2 world cups). We are paying 30m for a guy at his peak, who will probably be our most trophy-decorated player with a ton of experience. What did some of you think of Ake, Akanji, and a few other signings then? Just wait and watch, you will all be saying another Txiki and Pep masterclass before this guy turns 30 at the end of next season, and he will be with us for about 4 seasons, easily.

It not about like for like its about quality
Replacing Sterling who was seriously in poor form for Grealish who has great ball retention was not a downgrade in my opinion. Fernandinho no matter how good he had been was showing signs of age, Getting Rodri was definitely not a downgrade, Rodri is definitely world class in his position.

Aguero and Haaland although completely different attributes both offered world class ability. Torres was a massive drop off compared to sane at his best.

For me Kovacic is a poor replacement for any of our midfield except for maybe Phillips. but still a massive drop off from the rest.

pep obviously knows what he wants to do next season,and is getting players that will fit that vision, we arent like united buy loads of fast wingers,or chelsea and buy anyone, theres a reason our net spend is low,we need a certain quality and get the best player for the job, i can see kovacic sitting with rodri in the midfield where john stones plays,stones will then concentrate as a cb, phil will play the bernardo role on the right if bernardo leaves ,can see mahrez leaving,although on his day he is a match winner.

gvardiol for laporte
phil for bernardo
kovacic for stones
kev for gundo
alvarez for kdb
can see an attacking midfielder who can play wide

............edi
stones..... dias..... gvardiol
....kovacic.... rodri
............kdb
.......alvarez
..phil....erl.....jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.