Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s wrong with wanting Academy kids to be given a chance? When I first moved to Manchester in 1984 it was the young local lads that the City fans were so proud of. Our Chairman has just praised the academy to the maximum - “the treble treble” etc.
If we lose our experienced players this summer I would like our younger Academy players to be considered. Simple as that.
1984 what a great side that was, FFS, we have just won the treble the only kids getting into this squad will have to be exceptional as we have seen with Lewis.

What’s wrong with wanting Academy kids to be given a chance? When I first moved to Manchester in 1984 it was the young local lads that the City fans were so proud of. Our Chairman has just praised the academy to the maximum - “the treble treble” etc.
If we lose our experienced players this summer I would like our younger Academy players to be considered. Simple as that.
As I'm sure they will. However, don't be surprised if Pep deems them not ready for this team.

And is Taylor Harwood-Bellis coming back from his loan at Burnley?

I think I’d put it down to a number of factors:
a) some saying that simply cos they want it to be so
b) some saying it cos we’ve signed players before who have been viewed as ‘underwhelming’ in some ways at the time but who have gone on to be really important and effective parts of our success under Pep, so feel this can happen again here, and
c) some saying it cos they genuinely believe he has shown great play at Chelsea/ internationally.

For those 3 reasons I’m honestly not as surprised as you.
He’s a very good player but not an exciting signing: he’s primarily the solid reliable type but at the right technical level. If we sign him, he will be a good addition to the squad.

1984 what a great side that was, FFS, we have just won the treble the only kids getting into this squad will have to be exceptional as we have seen with Lewis.

I don't think Rico is all that, but might just be me.

Very young still, so be interesting to see how he develops.

Never a defender, mind.

Never a defender, mind.
I agree to an extent but he has one hell of a footballing brain, that can make up for a lot of technical deficiencies.

Never a defender, mind.
You don’t think Rico is ‘all that’ - as Wimbledon is coming up - you cannot be serious? I’m stunned by this.

18yrs old and steps into the best side in the world and never puts a foot wrong. world class international footballers give him the ball in any situation because they know he’s capable and will not give the ball away.

18yrs old and steps into the best side in the world and never puts a foot wrong. world class international footballers give him the ball in any situation because they know he’s capable and will not give the ball away.
He’s young and like all young players makes mistakes; the goal in the defeat at Spurs was an example of that. He still needs to develop physically so mistakes will inevitably happen when he plays in midfield where the pressure is greater.

Are you seriously comparing getting into our first team now, to doing so in 1984?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.