Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he?

5 years ago, he was selling Portuguese barms.

He then played for Sporting and did well enough for Wolves to buy him and probably increase his weekly wage from £5k a week to £50k.

Now City, the best team in the land and all the world, want to buy him and increase his salary from £50k to £175k a week. (My figures, not based on anything barring what a £60m player would demand).

The only way he’d go on strike when with is is if the Saudis offer him £500k a week. (Again my arbitrary amount)

You are right. This is City. We aren’t Wolves. There are no better clubs to play for in the world right now, only ones that might pay him more.

I'm not saying he would.

I'm saying I hope he doesn't see his arse because if he signs for City the fight for 1st team places is unreal. Every club has players who are always in the starting 11 and that includes City. Will Nunes be one of those starting 11 players? I don't know. But I don't think he will be. I could be wrong. You sign for City hoping to be a first 11 regular, not knowing you will be a first team regular, bar Haaland, etc.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he would.

I'm saying I hope he doesn't see his arse because if he signs for City the fight for 1st team places is unreal. Every club has players who are always in the starting 11 and that includes City. Will Nunes be one of those starting 11 players? I don't know. But I don't think he will be. I could be wrong. You sign for City hoping to be a first 11 regular, not knowing you will a first team regular, bar Haaland, etc.
He won’t care. He’ll have the opportunity to win loads of medals and get paid enough to turn his family bakery into El Gregginho.

He won’t care. He’ll have the opportunity to win loads of medals and get paid enough to turn his family bakery into El Gregginho.
Don’t forget Phillips contribution to the bakery’s profits -:)

Both players will have a whole season to come up with innovative ideas from the barm sorry bench.

A short bread 11?

Crusty goals?

Special feature…the pastry of the week?

Don’t forget Phillips contribution to the bakery’s profits -:)

Both players will have a whole season to come up with innovative ideas from the barm sorry bench.
He wouldn’t be my choice of signing, but Pep and his band generally can work with what we get left with.

It does cover us better against Rodri potentially getting injured.

I’d rather get Felix on loan and use him to give Foden and Alvarez rest when they need it, but hey, I’m just a know nowt on the internet putting my 2p forwards.

Maybe we can get both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.