Matija Nastasić

Boateng always gave the impression he couldn't be arsed resulting in him looking like he had no bottle to be fair if he was played centrally he may have been a bit better.

Like Alf he didn't want to stay.

Boyata is clumsy and has no confidence and his issues can perhaps be traced back to Clattenberg sending him off v Arse perhaps he will make a decent 4th choice CH but not for me I'm afraid.

Personally I hope Fiorentia plays Richards In the CB position and I hope he performs brilliantly there, That way we could bring him back and get rid of Boyata and Nastasic . Demi would be about 34/35 by the end of the season, If this happens then we would probably have a Kompany -Mangala/Richards pairing . 4th CB choice would either be Denayer or Rekik.

The fundamental problem for Boyata and Nastasic is getting enough game time. I cant really see how Nastasic will develop if he's 4th or 5th choice CB.

cibaman said:
The fundamental problem for Boyata and Nastasic is getting enough game time. I cant really see how Nastasic will develop if he's 4th or 5th choice CB.

Well Demichelis was crocked against Stoke and Vinny's in hospital having a leg scan so things are looking up for them

Arsenal snubbed by Nastasic

Arsenal, desperate for centre-back cover, made a deadline day move to sign Manchester City's Matija Nastasic but the Serb rejected a switch to north London even though he is unlikely to play much first-team football at the Etihad Stadium this season.

Source: Daily Telegraph
Wednesday, September 3, 2014 00:44

if that is true, and we didn't reject the enquiry out right, then I don;t know whether its a good thing or not. AT one hand he has the ambition to be in a winning side, on the other he is happy sitting on his arse earning his wages while his progress stalls

I'm hoping that Nastasic's decision to stay at City, is a recognition that he needs to get stuck in & defend like a proper central defender rather than ponce about looking cool & staying out of trouble. That works ok to impress all the 'good on the ball' muppets who don't understand defending but it's bugger all use to City.

If he's really determined to force his way into Pellegrini's plans, we may see a different player & he might just do it.

I can't see any other reason why he would turn down Arsenal & Everton. He must surely believe he can get into City's team ?

If that's his thinking then good luck to him. I hope he does it.

Personally I'm really glad Nasti has stayed, he's miles better than Boyata. IMHO Dedryck made a great debut but hasn't really progressed from there. Nasti on the other hand was thrown in at the deep end and looked outstanding during the majority of his debut season. He's relatively composed on the ball for a youn CB and if you watch the highlights from his first season particularly the Madrid home game you see a quality player in the making. His attitude has been good so far as well, and any player that wants to fight for his place and has potential like Nasti is worth keeping in my book.
But moreover I'm pleased because it means there's a chance of getting his song from before the FA Cup final going again

"Na Na Nastastić, hardest bastard on the pitch"

Still think he might as the potential to be a very good centre back. Age his still on his side .unlike Boyata who looks like his time is up .

baildon blue said:
Still think he might as the potential to be a very good centre back. Age his still on his side .unlike Boyata who looks like his time is up .

Boyata is 23,you don't half talk some shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.