Matija Nastasić

I think it's fair to assume that Nastasic was told he wasn't in the manager's plans last summer, he wanted to stay and perhaps fight for his place turning down offers as a result, the club weren't best pleased, he was frozen out and he's finally accepted his fate.

As a result it's also a fair assumption that tales of "injuries" may have been embellished.

Hopefully he can get his career back on track, time's on his side and he's still a talent.

All the best to him.

Always rated Nastasic and shame he fell out of favour. However, this is another stupid bit of business from Schalke. They have a team full of kids and no experience or leadership. They also have half a dozen defenders, though they are usually injured. Hopefully he does well, but I don't think this was the right move for him.

Are we forcing him out? And if so why? Is it down to him becoming part of the overseas quota?

I'm aware we need Boyata in the squad but surely Pellegrini doesn't rate him about Nastasic.

johnmc said:
Are we forcing him out? And if so why? Is it down to him becoming part of the overseas quota?

I'm aware we need Boyata in the squad but surely Pellegrini doesn't rate him about Nastasic.

This is a common opinion amongst a percentage of City fans, but there are plenty of us who have considered Nastasic to be compklete shite since the day we signed him. I've always had that opinion.

That opinion used to be beaten down on here amid a barrage of sarcastic comments , but I found when discussing it at the match, in pubs etc, the majority of City fans I know personally have never rated him, & I don't personally know of any non City fans who rated him then or now.

There are plenty of football supporters who have watched Nastasic & think he's crap & nowhere near it for City, so it's not impossible the manager & maybe some of his team mates, may share that opinion rather than believing he is better than players such as Boyata.

Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:

This is a common opinion amongst a percentage of City fans, but there are plenty of us who have considered Nastasic to be compklete shite since the day we signed him. I've always had that opinion.

That opinion used to be beaten down on here amid a barrage of sarcastic comments , but I found when discussing it at the match, in pubs etc, the majority of City fans I know personally have never rated him, & I don't personally know of any non City fans who rated him then or now.

There are plenty of football supporters who have watched Nastasic & think he's crap & nowhere near it for City, so it's not impossible the manager & maybe some of his team mates, may share that opinion rather than believing he is better than players such as Boyata.

Ok. So even if you don't rate him do you think Boyata is better. Are there others that think this is the case?

johnmc said:

He lost me with the collective fuck up against Chelsea last season. Hart responded with the collective mistake but it appeared that Nasta didn't and Pellegrini lost patience with the player. Boyata isn't the greatest of defenders either but he must of impressed the manager enough to earn another short term contract.

Ray78 said:
johnmc said:

He lost me with the collective fuck up against Chelsea last season. Hart responded but it appeared that Nasta didn't and the gaffer lost patience with the player.

I certainly didn't rate him as highly as a lot of people. I read the best young defender in world football on a few occasions. But compared to Boyata in my eyes he is the better player. I don't believe many would dispute that. But Boyata has appeared ahead of him this season. So my question was is the reason for this because we are trying to get rid.

Do you believe Pelligrini rates Boyata higher?

johnmc said:
Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:

Ok. So even if you don't rate him do you think Boyata is better. Are there others that think this is the case?

I don't rate either as good enough, but I personally think Nastasic is a shithouse & Boyata is quite tough & strong.

I also think Boyata is faster & better in the air.

Boyata has miles more ability to be a defender than Nstasic imo, but his mental attitude seems questionable. He was a real prospect though, as a kid.

But I don't trust him, & I trust Nastasic less & I believe there are others of a similar opinion, but most I know of, want neither.

My own opinion is that Boyata has something to work with & Nastasic doesn't. Not expecting either to survive.

johnmc said:
Ray78 said:
johnmc said:

He lost me with the collective fuck up against Chelsea last season. Hart responded but it appeared that Nasta didn't and the gaffer lost patience with the player.

I certainly didn't rate him as highly as a lot of people. I read the best young defender in world football on a few occasions. But compared to Boyata in my eyes he is the better player. I don't believe many would dispute that. But Boyata has appeared ahead of him this season. So my question was is the reason for this because we are trying to get rid.

Do you believe Pelligrini rates Boyata higher?

In terms of attitude yes Nasta didn't secure a move in the summer and the manager had his squad in mind for the season.

Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:
Neville Kneville said:

I don't rate either as good enough, but I personally think Nastasic is a shithouse & Boyata is quite tough & strong.

I also think Boyata is faster & better in the air.

Boyata has miles more ability to be a defender than Nstasic imo, but his mental attitude seems questionable. He was a real prospect though, as a kid.

But I don't trust him, & I trust Nastasic less & I believe there are others of a similar opinion, but most I know of, want neither.

My own opinion is that Boyata has something to work with & Nastasic doesn't. Not expecting either to survive.

Thing with that is that Boyata has 3 years extra of already being worked on. He's 24 and like you say yourself you don't trust him. How long should we work on him for? He's been with Vinny for years now so what's he learnt.

Nastasic looked good to start with then had a lapse. Who's to say at 21 he can't get that blip out of him but also improve a decent amount.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.