Matija Nastasić

Ray78 said:
johnmc said:
Ray78 said:
He lost me with the collective fuck up against Chelsea last season. Hart responded but it appeared that Nasta didn't and the gaffer lost patience with the player.

I certainly didn't rate him as highly as a lot of people. I read the best young defender in world football on a few occasions. But compared to Boyata in my eyes he is the better player. I don't believe many would dispute that. But Boyata has appeared ahead of him this season. So my question was is the reason for this because we are trying to get rid.

Do you believe Pelligrini rates Boyata higher?

In terms of attitude yes Nasta didn't secure a move in the summer and the manager had his squad in mind for the season.

Which is fine but for this season at least Nastasic sn in the squad and as far as I'm aware fit to play.

johnmc said:
Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:
Ok. So even if you don't rate him do you think Boyata is better. Are there others that think this is the case?

I don't rate either as good enough, but I personally think Nastasic is a shithouse & Boyata is quite tough & strong.

I also think Boyata is faster & better in the air.

Boyata has miles more ability to be a defender than Nstasic imo, but his mental attitude seems questionable. He was a real prospect though, as a kid.

But I don't trust him, & I trust Nastasic less & I believe there are others of a similar opinion, but most I know of, want neither.

My own opinion is that Boyata has something to work with & Nastasic doesn't. Not expecting either to survive.

Thing with that is that Boyata has 3 years extra of already being worked on. He's 24 and like you say yourself you don't trust him. How long should we work on him for?

Nastasic looked good to start with then had a lapse. Who's to say at 21 he can't get that blip out of him but also improve a decent amount.

To me, Boyata was very unlucky & terribly mishandled by Mancini at a young age. He was thrown into big games he shouldn't have been playing & through over eagerness, cost us, then he would be dropped, then suddenly thrown in again for another huge game, then dropped again.

His confidence was destroyed, then he was shipped out on loan.

Personally, as i said, I've never seen Nastasic's 'good' period. To me, he just hides & leaves all the defending to his partners. Boyata has always tried to get involved in defending & has suffered for it, whilst Nastasic just stays out of trouble. Pellegrini forced Nastasic to become an active defender & he was shocking at it, so he's gone.

Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:
Neville Kneville said:
I don't rate either as good enough, but I personally think Nastasic is a shithouse & Boyata is quite tough & strong.

I also think Boyata is faster & better in the air.

Boyata has miles more ability to be a defender than Nstasic imo, but his mental attitude seems questionable. He was a real prospect though, as a kid.

But I don't trust him, & I trust Nastasic less & I believe there are others of a similar opinion, but most I know of, want neither.

My own opinion is that Boyata has something to work with & Nastasic doesn't. Not expecting either to survive.

Thing with that is that Boyata has 3 years extra of already being worked on. He's 24 and like you say yourself you don't trust him. How long should we work on him for?

Nastasic looked good to start with then had a lapse. Who's to say at 21 he can't get that blip out of him but also improve a decent amount.

To me, Boyata was very unlucky & terribly mishandled by Mancini at a young age. He was thrown into big games he shouldn't have been playing & through over eagerness, cost us, then he would be dropped, then suddenly thrown in again for another huge game, then dropped again.

Personally, as i said, I've never seen Nastasic's 'good' period. To me, he just hides & leaves all the defending to his partners. Boyata has always tried to get involved in defending & has suffered for it, whilst Nastasic just stays out of trouble. Pellegrini forced Nastasic to become an active defender & he was shocking at it, so he's gone.

I'm sorry but you can't be part of the meanest defence over a sustained period by hiding

johnmc said:
Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:

I'm sorry but you can't be part of the meanest defence over a sustained period by hiding

We will have to differ on that.

Nastasic imo, has rarely ever done anything positive of note defensively in any game he's played since he signed, in the air, on the ground, anything.

City were set up as a team defesively & he occupied a place in the back 4, made Kompany nervous & imo contributed to us losing the title by giving the team the shits. When he played under Pellegrini, we were in the process of losing he title, until he was dumped out of the team.

Doesn't fit in to our team. Doesn't mean he won't fit in elsewhere. Sell him and buy another backup CB in the summer.

Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:
Neville Kneville said:

We will have to differ on that.

Nastasic imo, has rarely ever done anything positive of note defensively in any game he's played since he signed, in the air, on the ground, anything.

City were set up as a team defesively & he occupied a place in the back 4, made Kompany nervous & imo contributed to us losing the title by giving the team the shits. When he played under Pellegrini, we were in the process of losing he title, until he was dumped out of the team.

So do you think that if Boyata played instead we could have won the league that year?

Nastasic did well, or looked better, when we were playing in a way that makes defending incredibly easy. The further back you sit, the less space you have to cover, the easier your decisions are and the more support you have from the people around you. To compare playing in that system to how we play now, it's like going bowling with the sides up. You see a lot of players look good in that sort of system, who look fucking awful the second they have any space in behind them. Look at Chelsea with Cahill and Terry. They get rave reviews and have good stats, but as soon as either of them tries to play even as high up the pitch as just outside their box, they turn into absolute disasters. And they can at least head a ball, which Nastasic seems to actively avoid.

Nastasic is like Cahill, he looks calm and composed while on the edge of his box and being nicely covered by his midfield, but shits himself whenever a ball is played in behind him or someone is actually allowed to run at him. He let in 3 almost identical goals in Pellers first season, with different partners, all from just long balls down the middle. First against Chelsea, he tracks the aimless long hoof, but is panicking so badly at the thought of being chased that he heads it past his own keeper. Then against Villa, they pump a regulation long ball down the middle and he does nothing, he doesn't follow his man deep to contest the header and he doesn't track the guy for the flick on, he just stands there flat footed, playing the 2nd man onside as he runs straight past him to score. Then against CSKA, almost the identical goal, this time partnering Javi. Javi at least goes to the first man to try and win the header, but it gets flicked on, while Nastasic is again just watching like a pudding, strolling while the 2nd man sprints in behind him, if he'd even bothered reacting then he might of been able to clear it off the line, but he'd stopped. 3 almost identical, pub league goals where he showed he couldn't handle even the most basic bit of defending when outside his box.

I don't think he would ever be capable of playing in a system where he in a remotely high line, so he will be no loss to us at all. I imagine he'll end up in Italy, having a great time.

BigOscar said:
Nastasic did well, or looked better, when we were playing in a way that makes defending incredibly easy. The further back you sit, the less space you have to cover, the easier your decisions are and the more support you have from the people around you. To compare playing in that system to how we play now, it's like going bowling with the sides up. You see a lot of players look good in that sort of system, who look fucking awful the second they have any space in behind them. Look at Chelsea with Cahill and Terry. They get rave reviews and have good stats, but as soon as either of them tries to play even as high up the pitch as just outside their box, they turn into absolute disasters. And they can at least head a ball, which Nastasic seems to actively avoid.

Nastasic is like Cahill, he looks calm and composed while on the edge of his box and being nicely covered by his midfield, but shits himself whenever a ball is played in behind him or someone is actually allowed to run at him. He let in 3 almost identical goals in Pellers first season, with different partners, all from just long balls down the middle. First against Chelsea, he tracks the aimless long hoof, but is panicking so badly at the thought of being chased that he heads it past his own keeper. Then against Villa, they pump a regulation long ball down the middle and he does nothing, he doesn't follow his man deep to contest the header and he doesn't track the guy for the flick on, he just stands there flat footed, playing the 2nd man onside as he runs straight past him to score. Then against CSKA, almost the identical goal, this time partnering Javi. Javi at least goes to the first man to try and win the header, but it gets flicked on, while Nastasic is again just watching like a pudding, strolling while the 2nd man sprints in behind him, if he'd even bothered reacting then he might of been able to clear it off the line, but he'd stopped. 3 almost identical, pub league goals where he showed he couldn't handle even the most basic bit of defending when outside his box.

I don't think he would ever be capable of playing in a system where he in a remotely high line, so he will be no loss to us at all. I imagine he'll end up in Italy, having a great time.

This is nonsense.

Rammy Blue said:
Never particularly rated him so good riddance.

I got slaughtered on here years ago for saying I didn't see what the fuss was about, if I could be arsed I'd dig out some posts and do a bit of gloating.
You've not really been proven wrong or right though I suppose, he's completely vanished in a way that suggests it's not just about being good or bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.