Matija Nastasić

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/man-citys-nastasic-on-his-way-to-schalke-the-latest/

Man City’s Nastasic on his way to Schalke: the latest

With Santana possibly on his way to Stuttgart, Schalke 04 is looking for a potential replacement. The German club is on the verge of closing the deal for Manchester City's Matja Nastasic. The former Fiorentina center back was also being pursued by Milan and Inter, and now he's very close to joining Schalke on loan with option to buy. Roberto Di Matteo is ready to welcome an important addition to his squad.

schfc6 said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
johnmc said:
This is nonsense.

No it isn't. It is an almost perfect analysis of Nastasic's obvious limitations, with conclusive evidence to boot!

Well done Big Oscar for a great post.

Fully agree with big Oscar. Nastasic is a very composed deep lying defender. Lovely on the ball, reads the game well but is awful on the front foot.
We are now a front foot defending side.
Nastasic is no longer needed.

I liked him, but his attributes don't suit us. Hence the demand for him in Italy, where edge of the box defending is the norm.
have to agree in Mancini system he coped better

Why loan? they either want him or not every time we are sellers we have to loan or practically give away for nought with the major exception of Rodwell how we got £10 MILLION for him is beyond me

Schalke general manager has confirmed its close...will be a loan with option to buy!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9638624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9638624</a>

Transfer news: Schalke 'close' to signing Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic

Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic is near to a move to Schalke, according to the German club's general manager.

The 21-year-old Serbia international is out of favour at City under Manuel Pellegrini, having not made a Premier League appearance this season.

Horst Heldt told Germany's Sport Bild magazine: "We are negotiating back and forth, that's how it goes. You get closer and closer and in this case we are no longer far apart from each other.

"I am optimistic that we will get this done in the coming days."

Heldt added the deal would be "a loan with an option to buy".

Nastasic and winger Scott Sinclair have both been linked with moves away from the Etihad this month but Pellegrini insisted on Friday afternoon they will only go if the right offers come in.

"They are working with us, Nastasic and Sinclair, without any problem," he said.

"They are part of the squad. We will see if there are good offers for them and for the club. If not, they will work with us here."

Nastasic joined City from Fiorentina in 2012, signed by former boss Roberto Mancini. He made 13 league appearances last season as City won the title, but his only outing this term has been in the Community Shield in August.

Schalke are coached by former Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo.

I hate the loan plus option to buy agreements. I hope we won't pay his wages and that they are obligated to buy him instead of an option.

Carns said:
I hate the loan plus option to buy agreements. I hope we won't pay his wages and that they are obligated to buy him instead of an option.

Under the FFP restrictions City cant increase their wage bill this season.....so I'm sure City are agreeing to this to make alittle more room for Bony.....so I'm guessing Schalke will pay all his wages...

Rammy Blue said:
NQCitizen said:
Rammy Blue said:
Never particularly rated him so good riddance.

I got slaughtered on here years ago for saying I didn't see what the fuss was about, if I could be arsed I'd dig out some posts and do a bit of gloating.
You've not really been proven wrong or right though I suppose, he's completely vanished in a way that suggests it's not just about being good or bad.

As has been said by Neville, Nasty was lauded on here as being potentially the best young defender in world football, it was cringeworthy.

I never saw anything that made me think he was anything but average.
Looking average in the Champions League and as Champions of England at 20 is still pretty decent though. Most young defenders simply weren't even that good, so I do understand why some were excited. I think he's been very unfortunate, even some of the goals Big Oscar quoted weren't particularly his fault.

We'll never really know what might have been, I'd say he had similar attributes to Demichelis (not as good obviously) and he can most definitely play in this system

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.