Matija Nastasić

ColinLee said:
johnmc said:
Nastasic is home grown this year as well so that is irrelevant. If we received £10m bids for both players I have enough confidence in Manuel to presume he would sell Boyata and keep Nastasic. However the reality is we need only one of these as cover and we are getting bids for only one of them as far as I am aware. Therefore he is likely to go and Boyata used as Carling cup/injury cover
You're talking bllocks I'm afraid. Nastasic is not HG and never will be, he's counted as U21 for this season only. Boyata however is and much more importantly is Club Trained. We need him for the CL squad since we literally have no one else to fill the role.

Jesus you pedant - Nastasic means nothing towards the eurpoean quota this season does he. People are using this as a reason for getting rid of him now which is obviously not true.

Why is it important that Boyata is club trained? He wont be here this time next year I guarantee it.

Nastasic

Pellers saying he can leave if an offer comes in, surely he'd get plenty of game time this season. He's gonna be a top class player in the future for sure. I wonder if we'd sell to the rags or Arsenal?

Re: Nastasic

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Pellers saying he can leave if an offer comes in, surely he'd get plenty of game time this season. He's gonna be a top class player in the future for sure. I wonder if we'd sell to the rags or Arsenal?

I doubt it, not in the PL anyway

greasedupdeafguy said:
johnmc said:
Right, so its not a question of choosing who can go is it, its a question of who will buy the players who are surplus to requirements. If A bid came in for Boyata Im sure he'd be on his bike as well.
Dont agree with this. Boyata is hugely important to the HG quote for the prem and CL, thats why he was offered a new contract.

Not really. We don't have to fill that Academy trained slot. Since Nasty can be registered for free it is a wash.

Reports that Arsenal, Juventus and the rags want him...while we hold onto Boyata :-(

Can only be the system we play is not suited to Nasty. Crying shame. Think we will regret this.

As above, we don't have to fill the academy slot so the fact that he is club trained isn't relevant. Pelle likes Boyata for some reason.

Can anyone really say they've seen boyata play 4-5 games in a row? All this hatred towards him and he's never had a real chance. If Manuel believes in him then we should be behind him. Manuels no mug, we're not a club that chooses to sell one player over another for money purposes ? Not like we're skint! With Sinclair and Richards looking like going and Garcia and Roswell already gone were well with the FFP budget too. For me I think it's about actually supporting his decision of who he trusts. Boyata must have no confidence after so many years in and around the squad. If he got a run in the team because of injuries/suspension then he might prove to us why Manuel, Roberto, Hughes all kept him on the books for so long.

BlueDeadHead said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
johnmc said:
Right, so its not a question of choosing who can go is it, its a question of who will buy the players who are surplus to requirements. If A bid came in for Boyata Im sure he'd be on his bike as well.
Dont agree with this. Boyata is hugely important to the HG quote for the prem and CL, thats why he was offered a new contract.

Not really. We don't have to fill that Academy trained slot. Since Nasty can be registered for free it is a wash.
Boyata is one of the players in our squad who locally trained which is important for the CL.

We can talk about homegrown quota's and not having to register players etc etc but the crux of it is we've just spent £32m on a young defender because our double winning manager doesn't rate Nastasic. If we are getting £10m+ for players our manager doesn't consider part of his plans ala Rodwell and Garcia I think we are doing well.

I'd sell Nastasic for £15m and wouldn't be concerned if it was Arsenal that we sold him to. He doesn't fit into Pellegrini's style of play and sometimes doesn't look committed. Bit of a shrinking violet from the inside city videos. Nothing wrong with that but he looks weak on the pitch too and it looked like Vinny had had enough when he gave him that bollocking in the Chelsea game last season. It's probably best for him and the club if he moves on, we get our money back and he gets regular football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.