Matija Nastasic

mansour's tow ropes said:
is he still performing at the top of his game? he doesn't seem to make many tackles, and his passing has got a little sloppy recently. Maybe the early form is wearing off a bit, which is understandable and he's still playing well, but he doesn't seem to have the tackling ability of Kompany
You can't expect the lad or anyone for that matter to be world class every single game. What has his number of tackles got to do with anything? Unless he is pulling out of them or rashly chopping people down and we are losing goals because of it let the lad continue what he is doing.

may2011 said:
He also getting more confidence in himself (not that he needs it).Today spraying the ball 40-50 yards out to the WINGS.One of these passes started the build up to the second goal,2 passes later he got it back and swiftly played into Silva's feet who in turn clipped it out wide to Clichy who knock into Tevas,the rest is histroy,one of the moves of the season AND GOALS

^^^THIS!^^^

I noticed this today as well. Those long diagonal passes to PabZab or Jimmy Milner are always a good bet because:

1. Switching the point of attack wears down opposing mids.
2. PabZab and Milner LOVE getting the ball to their feet and taking on whoever holds down their side of the pitch. This direct type of play yields a lot of chances for us.

Is the lad all the way there yet? NO. Would I personally like to see Lescott in there still from time to time? YES.

Most importantly...

After the match against Real, would any of us believed that this lad would hold down half of our central defensive pairing for over half a season at 19 years of age and not be a source of worry? I highly doubt it.

Long may he continue to shine!

grim up north said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
is he still performing at the top of his game? he doesn't seem to make many tackles, and his passing has got a little sloppy recently. Maybe the early form is wearing off a bit, which is understandable and he's still playing well, but he doesn't seem to have the tackling ability of Kompany

Is there anybody your not going to have a dig at today. Has Nasty been sent off yet because of his tackling ability, I would say its a little better than Kompany,s

who have i had a go at? Garcia yes. Im not having a go at Nastasic - just stating that we haven't seem him tested (apart from aerial wise) for a while. This is of course a good thing, as it shows the whole defence and midfield have tightened up

Cannot believe that this guy is NOT being lauded by the media

He is not yet 20 who has usurped an established International (who in my opinion is an excellent defender in his own right). He is playing in his first season in the Premier League, playing for the Champions who had the best defensive record in last years league playing with one of the greatest players in the world

And he looks totally at home. No defensive howlers, no tantrums no issues and we still have the best defensive record in the League. If this guy was an Englishman he would be being hailed as the greatest prospect in world football as it is he is a hidden gem

The thought that he and Vinny could be our centreback pairing for the next 10 years is AWESOME!!!!

very impressed by this lad. composed, good in the air and in the tackle. i like lescott but this lad is much more comfortable on the ball.

Savic would panic and be scared of everything that came his way. Nastasic is the complete opposite and is awfully calm and collected, and even has some dribbiling and ball retention abilities. Go on lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.