Matija Nastasic

I'd say along with goalkeeper, CB is the hardest position to be young in, if that makes sense..And this kid, is excelling. his reading and positional sense,that takes other defender years to grasp, seems to have come so naturally to him

The press like to see last ditch tackles and lung busting blocks from the likes of phil jones and gary cahill because it appeals to their over simplistic and ancient way of viewing football.

Nasti never has to do this because he has read the position before it gets to that so the credit is never given to him from the press because it goes over the head and their tiny little minds cannot comprehend class defending when they see it and so he is not given the credit he deserves whereas in reality he should be an absolute cert for the young player of the year but theyll prob give it kyle walker or phil jones because they try really really hard.

quiet_riot said:
mcfc2607 said:
we have had aload of "fighters" in the past.

Dunne
Distin
Howey
Morrison
Pollock
Barton
Thatcher

to name a few. that didnt do us any good did it?. Not saying they were bad but you DONT have too have a team full of warriors to win the league.

Phil Jones was raved over in the derby because he made last ditch, spectacular blocks and interceptions...why? because he was poorly positioned. Nasty however, never had to break a sweat because he read the game...Tyler and Nev never mentioned that, did they?!

Very true,I remember reading an interview with Paolo Maldini and he said he if he had to make a slide tackle or last ditch block he knew he wasn't doing his job properly.

mancboy123 said:
The press like to see last ditch tackles and lung busting blocks from the likes of phil jones and gary cahill because it appeals to their over simplistic and ancient way of viewing football.

Nasti never has to do this because he has read the position before it gets to that so the credit is never given to him from the press because it goes over the head and their tiny little minds cannot comprehend class defending when they see it and so he is not given the credit he deserves whereas in reality he should be an absolute cert for the young player of the year but theyll prob give it kyle walker or phil jones because they try really really hard.

OR, they'll give it Benteke because he scores goals,... ;-).

I heard Merson (of all people - City hater) say that Benteke is a cert for YPOTS because of the goals he scores. No doubts he's a good striker, has the right physique and all, but for me it would have to be Nastasic, because to come into a prem winning team and be the most consistent CB at 19 years old is amazing.

And I seem to remember Villa fans giving abuse to Benteke in the beginning of the season when he wasn't scoring.

Jimfv1 said:
mancboy123 said:

OR, they'll give it Benteke because he scores goals,... ;-).

I heard Merson (of all people - City hater) say that Benteke is a cert for YPOTS because of the goals he scores. No doubts he's a good striker, has the right physique and all, but for me it would have to be Nastasic, because to come into a prem winning team and be the most consistent CB at 19 years old is amazing.

And I seem to remember Villa fans giving abuse to Benteke in the beginning of the season when he wasn't scoring.

Well apparentlyscoring goals doesnt matter becauser sergio scored 30 in all comps last season in his 1st season in the league and they gave it to kyle walker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.