Matija Nastasic

adrianr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
one of his lesser games today but still a star prospect, figured the recent hype would inevitably lead to a poorer performance.

A poor(er) performance was coming hype or not, that's just being human. What matter is how he responds to it (and us to be fair), and I'd say given his consistency since he was introduced he's pretty good at bouncing back and just getting on with it. Just desperately hope some **** doesn't lynch him and ruin his career before it's started, because he could really be huge for us.
I'm astounded by these two comments, I thought he was absolutely brilliant yesterday. Especially in the first half, his positioning and composure were superb. Out of the 5 lads I went to the game with, 3 thought he was MOTM.

Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
one of his lesser games today but still a star prospect, figured the recent hype would inevitably lead to a poorer performance.

A poor(er) performance was coming hype or not, that's just being human. What matter is how he responds to it (and us to be fair), and I'd say given his consistency since he was introduced he's pretty good at bouncing back and just getting on with it. Just desperately hope some **** doesn't lynch him and ruin his career before it's started, because he could really be huge for us.
I'm astounded by these two comments, I thought he was absolutely brilliant yesterday. Especially in the first half, his positioning and composure were superb. Out of the 5 lads I went to the game with, 3 thought he was MOTM.

Read what I wrote again. I didn't say he had a poor performance yesterday, I'm saying that regardless of hype or outside influence, a poor performance every so often is just being human.

Shaelumstash said:
Neville Kneville said:
Preston Blue1970 said:
Well said and completely agree...

Utter & complete nonsense. There has never been a defender in the history of the game who is so perfect he doesn't have to make desperate challenges at times & anyone who suggests that is possible is full of shit. We are talking real football here not fucking computer games.

Everyone has to do it & those who don't aren't good enough. If Nastasic doesn't become that player, the same people who are kissing his arse now, will be hanging him a year or two down the line.

Arsenal are an example of a club with defenders who look cool. Most of them have been rated at times by people on here.

When they won the league, their centre backs were warriors. Since they changed that they have won fuck all. You need to fight to win the Premier League.
You sure you're not getting Sunday League and the Premier League mixed up? Can't remember much last ditch lunging and fighting from the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Cannavaro, and Nesta, and they're the 4 best defenders of the last 25 years. In the real world at the top level, not on computer games or Hough End.

Game set and match

Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I thought he did some of the things I have been asking for, with some real grafting defending, & was having a great game except for one ghastly mistake when he let Ba run behind him, but as the game went on he satrted to lose it more & more by the end had pretty much caved in.

Only to be expected from a promising young kid learning his trade, which is what he realistically is at this time, as opposed to the reincarnation of Bobby Moore some are claiming.

Lescott was like his Dad when he came on, so much stronger in the air, & just better at stonewall defending. Terrible mistake if we let him go at this time. Too early to be relying on a young kid.

Neville Kneville said:
Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:

I thought he did some of the things I have been asking for, with some real grafting defending, & was having a great game except for one ghastly mistake when he let Ba run behind him, but as the game went on he satrted to lose it more & more by the end had pretty much caved in.

Only to be expected from a promising young kid learning his trade, which is what he realistically is at this time, as opposed to the reincarnation of Bobby Moore some are claiming.

Lescott was like his Dad when he came on, so much stronger in the air, & just better at stonewall defending. Terrible mistake if we let him go at this time. Too early to be relying on a young kid.

We needed Lescott's physical presence as Chelseas were hoofing balls into the box and our midlfield had ran out of legs. I'm hoping that is somewhere the kids develops.

If he continues to show the same level of skill and application. we have a super player

dasblues said:
Shaelumstash said:
Neville Kneville said:
Utter & complete nonsense. There has never been a defender in the history of the game who is so perfect he doesn't have to make desperate challenges at times & anyone who suggests that is possible is full of shit. We are talking real football here not fucking computer games.

Everyone has to do it & those who don't aren't good enough. If Nastasic doesn't become that player, the same people who are kissing his arse now, will be hanging him a year or two down the line.

Arsenal are an example of a club with defenders who look cool. Most of them have been rated at times by people on here.

When they won the league, their centre backs were warriors. Since they changed that they have won fuck all. You need to fight to win the Premier League.
You sure you're not getting Sunday League and the Premier League mixed up? Can't remember much last ditch lunging and fighting from the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Cannavaro, and Nesta, and they're the 4 best defenders of the last 25 years. In the real world at the top level, not on computer games or Hough End.

Game set and match

Was I mistaken or did I see Nastasic 'lunge' at the ball & fail to connect properly having to rely on the keeper to bail him out ?

That's what happens in the real world & indeed has happened to all of the players you list especially Nesta who was absolutely brilliant at last ditch defending.

The idea that top defenders can get by just swanning around without having to get stuck in, is fucking ridiculous.

Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I'd agree with them also - was brilliant watching him from behind the goal in the first half, the way he reads the game is very very special, whats more exciting is Kompany being less relied upon, you don't see many centre backs bombing forward at 1 up in the first half of games, this to me is a vinny having total trust in the kid!!!<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm --<br /><br />
Neville Kneville said:
Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:

Hilarity comes in many forms

Every player in light blue was dead on there feet from 65/70 mins on yet you analyse this kid, because you disagree with peoples observations, as caving in - priceless and somewhat delusional!!!!

some on here really do have a problem, this kid is pure class, and hes going to get better with experience. get a life

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:

I'd agree with them also - was brilliant watching him from behind the goal in the first half, the way he reads the game is very very special, whats more exciting is Kompany being less relied upon, you don't see many centre backs bombing forward at 1 up in the first half of games, this to me is a vinny having total trust in the kid!!!

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm --

Neville Kneville said:
Shaelumstash said:

Hilarity comes in many forms

Every player in light blue was dead on there feet from 65/70 mins on yet you analyse this kid, because you disagree with peoples observations, as caving in - priceless and somewhat delusional!!!!

No, I base it on the fact that he sometimes struggles when he has a player on him & isn't as strong as Lescott in those situations. When Chelsea went to 2 up front, he wasn't very good & suddenly Vinny looked less confident.

In the first half, I agree with your assessment apart from when he let Ba run off him, which he did again 2nd half.

Blimey guys. Can't we have a win win!

Nasty is quality beyond his tender years, but he was playing Chelski in a cup semi final when they were throwing in the kitchen sink.

Joleon was immense when he came on and won everything they threw in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.