Matija Nastasic

JoeMercer'sWay said:
one of his lesser games today but still a star prospect, figured the recent hype would inevitably lead to a poorer performance.

A poor(er) performance was coming hype or not, that's just being human. What matter is how he responds to it (and us to be fair), and I'd say given his consistency since he was introduced he's pretty good at bouncing back and just getting on with it. Just desperately hope some **** doesn't lynch him and ruin his career before it's started, because he could really be huge for us.

Just got back.

I thought Matty Nasty had a very good game today.

I noticed that hardly anything or anybody got past him today.

If he continues to progress as he has done for another season and he and Vinnie will be as good a CB pairing as there is in the world, IMHO.

Thought he was brilliant again today. He was even talking to other players and telling them where to position themselves (Clichy). Can't believe he's 19-20 as he just looks so assured, but not in David Luiz 'aren't I great' kind of way. Knows his job and does it superbly.

Tourist since 1971 said:
Thought he was brilliant again today. He was even talking to other players and telling them where to position themselves (Clichy). Can't believe he's 19-20 as he just looks so assured, but not in David Luiz 'aren't I great' kind of way. Knows his job and does it superbly.

This.. also doesn't seem to need to resort to fouling people like Luiz... much more level headed and , for a lad this young, he can only grow in knowledge and skills... this is one to hang onto.

Tourist since 1971 said:

I love that about him such a cool defender! I hope he win ypoty award but you know they'll choose someone else > <

He was awesome yesterday. My MOTM overall. Two small mistakes yesterday - both of which were after mistakes by other City players but dealing with that will only come after years of experience.

Neville Kneville said:
Preston Blue1970 said:
stavros said:
god there are some outright jerks on here.

people who are saying 'he doesn't make last ditch/crucial interceptions' are wankers and should be banned from watching football.

he doesn't need to make last ditch tackles/interceptions, as his positioning and reading of the game is so good.

you hardly even notice the kid is playing , and that is the best compliment for a centre half. totlly at ease 99.9% of the time.

absolute class act
Well said and completely agree...

Utter & complete nonsense. There has never been a defender in the history of the game who is so perfect he doesn't have to make desperate challenges at times & anyone who suggests that is possible is full of shit. We are talking real football here not fucking computer games.

Everyone has to do it & those who don't aren't good enough. If Nastasic doesn't become that player, the same people who are kissing his arse now, will be hanging him a year or two down the line.

Arsenal are an example of a club with defenders who look cool. Most of them have been rated at times by people on here.

When they won the league, their centre backs were warriors. Since they changed that they have won fuck all. You need to fight to win the Premier League.
You sure you're not getting Sunday League and the Premier League mixed up? Can't remember much last ditch lunging and fighting from the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Cannavaro, and Nesta, and they're the 4 best defenders of the last 25 years. In the real world at the top level, not on computer games or Hough End.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.