Matija Nastasic

samharris said:
Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:
we lost away to Real Madrid....but we won yesterday.. so your argument is ??

oh yeah.. win or lose lambast the best possible young talent in the prem.

I'm not lambasting anybody, I'm making a genuine attempt to assess his pros & cons & where he needs to improve to become the player we all hope he can become, rather than claiming he's already there.

If you could give him advice at a training session...what advice would you give ??

It's only through playing games he will learn, not training, & I'm happy for him to play regularly but if we are trying to win the Champions League, we should make sure we have plenty of quality options for that position imo & not just expect the kid to do it all.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 pm --<br /><br />
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Neville Kneville said:
But you in one breath suggest handling chelsea at wembley is completely different to the Nou Camps of this world, when in fact he was the shining light defensively in that game and was let down massively from Kompany ducking and hart letting in a soft goal to Benzema!!!

As I've just posted, I think he should have stopped Benzema but I agree, VK & JH were not upto the required standard either, nor Garcia or Mancini.

You brought it up though, not me.

Lots of things I would do differently in both games & lots of other players can do better, as can the manager, but Nastasic is the one we are discussing.

I brought what up??? You should go lie down nev it's getting to you!!

The debut. Keep up.

I always want him to be more aggressive against more physical players when I watch him play - yesterday I think he did just that. As Neville Neville said, he was doing more of this. He did make a few mistakes yesterday but I think he was a bit unlucky with the one that lead to Pantimillion's diving save/block. He positioned himself correctly, slid in and got that touch but it wasn't enough and nearly resulted in the goal - so as I said unlucky.

Ba's goal was initially his mistake for losing the man, but Kompany made a hash of that header so it was a bit of blame for both of them.

He also lost the ball early on by trying to take on Ramires in the Chelsea half. Luckily it did not lead to a mistake but he shouldn't be making those sort of risks - that said it just shows how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet.

The only other time I think he made a mistake was in the first half where he fell asleep and Ba got round him, but he recovered and then made a mug out of Ba in the penalty area with that shimmy past him which was just ridiculous.

Basically, if he adds more aggression to his game he will be unbelievable. I'm sure of that. Lastly, his positioning was very good. Almost always in the right place. Overall solid game with a couple of nervous moments.

Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:
Neville Kneville said:
I'm not lambasting anybody, I'm making a genuine attempt to assess his pros & cons & where he needs to improve to become the player we all hope he can become, rather than claiming he's already there.

If you could give him advice at a training session...what advice would you give ??

It's only through playing games he will learn, not training, & I'm happy for him to play regularly but if we are trying to win the Champions League, we should make sure we have plenty of quality options for that position imo & not just expect the kid to do it all.

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 pm --

Neville Kneville said:
As I've just posted, I think he should have stopped Benzema but I agree, VK & JH were not upto the required standard either, nor Garcia or Mancini.

You brought it up though, not me.

Lots of things I would do differently in both games & lots of other players can do better, as can the manager, but Nastasic is the one we are discussing.

The debut. Keep up.

Nev get yourself off to bed chief - you brought up the lad would be suspect in arenas such as camp nou? you following........... class

Phil jones was acclaimed last monday as the best player on the pitch by the pisscan..

But who was it who failed to stop Sergio from scoring..??

Its all about how we view things..

cccc said:
I always want him to be more aggressive against more physical players when I watch him play - yesterday I think he did just that. As Neville Neville said, he was doing more of this. He did make a few mistakes yesterday but I think he was a bit unlucky with the one that lead to Pantimillion's diving save/block. He positioned himself correctly, slid in and got that touch but it wasn't enough and nearly resulted in the goal - so as I said unlucky.

Ba's goal was initially his mistake for losing the man, but Kompany made a hash of that header so it was a bit of blame for both of them.

He also lost the ball early on by trying to take on Ramires in the Chelsea half. Luckily it did not lead to a mistake but he shouldn't be making those sort of risks - that said it just shows how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet.

The only other time I think he made a mistake was in the first half where he fell asleep and Ba got round him, but he recovered and then made a mug out of Ba in the penalty area with that shimmy past him which was just ridiculous.

Basically, if he adds more aggression to his game he will be unbelievable. I'm sure of that. Lastly, his positioning was very good. Almost always in the right place. Overall solid game with a couple of nervous moments.

Agree 100%.

My only concern would be whether he has it in him to get that extra bit of aggression to which you refer & to out muscle big cfs for crucial headers for example. Micah, VK & JL are naturally more imposing physically & he will have to find it from somewhere.

samharris said:
Phil jones was acclaimed last monday as the best player on the pitch by the pisscan..

But who was it who failed to stop Sergio from scoring..??

Its all about how we view things..

I'm giving up quoting Nev, check the next instalment below, he doesn't actually grasp that the lad could be 9 stone wet through yet have more talent and ability than the 3 put together!!!!

Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:

It's only through playing games he will learn, not training, & I'm happy for him to play regularly but if we are trying to win the Champions League, we should make sure we have plenty of quality options for that position imo & not just expect the kid to do it all.

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 pm --

The debut. Keep up.

Nev get yourself off to bed chief - you brought up the lad would be suspect in arenas such as camp nou? you following........... class

You brought up the debut. I was replying to that specific point.

If you want to continue from where I left off, then re the Nou Camp, he will find himself 1v1 with Lionel Messi, (probably next season as Platini hasn't put us in with Barca in the draw so far) & for example, Real's young kid, Verane, kept tackling him when left in that position. Our cbs will have to do the same, as he will get through our midf.

Neville Kneville said:
cccc said:

Agree 100%.

My only concern would be whether he has it in him to get that extra bit of aggression to which you refer & to out muscle big cfs for crucial headers for example. Micah, VK & JL are naturally more imposing physically & he will have to find it from somewhere.

He will find it in time and when he does...watch out world.

Neville Kneville said:
Agree 100%.

I watched him since Fiorentina and he's made a big physical change since coming to City. He's got the frame, he just needs to be more physical and aggressive. Vidic is a monster, maybe the most physical/aggressive player in the league but I'd even say that Nastasic has more bulk to him. So it's not just about having the bulk, it's having that aggressive mentality.

I think he will get there though. One thing I like about Nastasic is as soon as he makes a challenge or a mistake further up the pitch, he is back and running back to his position. Shows his concentration is high.

Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Vinnie fucked up.

Ducked under trannys shot I recall... Nasty had fook all to do with the loss..

Imo a top European competition standard cb would stop Benzema from turning & shooting. That's the level we are aiming for from Nastasic or any other player in that position in the future.
The lad was 19 years old!
His first ever City match and having a handful of european games behind hi,.
You can't expect him to be perfect and stop everything ffs. Give him a break.

Your right we are aiming for Nastasic to become a top drawer CB and he has a good chance of getting there but you have to give him time to do so. Praise him where he deserves to be and by all means offer constructive criticism but expecting any one never mind a teenager to be able to defend against one of the best strikers in the world perfectly for 90 mins is just crazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.